Anna Wintour Out of Vogue Soon?

reese06

Reaction score
September 25, 2008 -- ANNA Wintour needs to watch her couture-clad back. "Elle's October issue scored 66 more ad pages than Vogue," a source told Page Six - a figure which doesn't sit well with her boss S.I. Newhouse, who may have already found her successor. At a party for Russian GQ earlier this week in Moscow, one attendee told Page Six, "The event's announcer introduced [Russian Vogue editrix Aliona Doletskaya] as 'The next editor of American Vogue.' " Doletskaya was the recent subject of a New York Times profile that boasted of her "lithe physique" and "foxlike features." Asked about the Doletskaya remark in Moscow, a Vogue spokesperson told Page Six, "These variations are nothing unusual for magazine publishing, and we have the greatest admiration for every editor in chief of all the international Vogues." Elle happily confirmed that the magazine's newsstand and ad pages are up.

New York Post

DISCUSS!!!

:shock: If Anna did go, (which would be quiet sad) :blush: I'd like to see what Aliona did to US Vogue

It kind of sounds to me like more hype than anything. Or just Anna haters out there. I like Anna and thinks she's done a great deal at Vogue. Yet on the other hand, look what they did with Grace Mirabella???

^ what did they do? :blush:

It still sounds like a rumor to me, but I can understand why Aliona is the candidate for the post, but it would be cool if Roitfeld take Wintour's place. Anna would be hopping mad! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I would love to see a fresh perspective at American Vogue. I'm sure Anna would land on her feet somewhere. But why Aliona, is she doing interesting things at Russian Vogue?

I want to see an American at the helm of US Vogue. I'm tired of Anna promoting her British pets through the magazine.

I just saw a video of Alyona on youtube, I was expecting some thick Russian accent but she actually speaks with a deep British one! It was kinda surprising...

I think the mods should add a question mark to the title...Although, eventually she will be at Vogue, she won't live forever.

This is just a very wild speculation BUT i think Anna does need to rethink her way of editing, Vogue has been an absoloute disaster this year, one bad cover after another.

But i think she is to much of a good buisnesswoman to be just let go like her predeccesors Vreeland and Mirabella.

^ what did they do? :blush:

Grace Mirabella was fired after 37 years at Vogue and 17 as editor to make way for House & Garden editor Anna Wintour, Condé Nast’s rising star. Mirabella learned about her dismissal from a friend, who had heard the news on TV (it was gossip columnist Liz Smith who announced it).

Mirabella’s response: "For a magazine devoted to it, this was not a very stylish way of telling me."

slate.com

I want to see an American at the helm of US Vogue. I'm tired of Anna promoting her British pets through the magazine.

as am i. kiera, nicole, and sienna are on the cover contantly. i want someone who can take american actresses, models, and culture and mix it together to make US Vogue interesting and truly about fashion again.

however it would be a dream come true if carine was Editor of US Vogue and Emanuelle was promoted to Editor of Vogue Paris. :innocent: :woot:

hmm... this is intriguing news...

we'll see how things unfold..

i wouldn't mind a fresh perspective at American Vogue...
I stopped subscribing years ago :innocent:

This is so intriguing!! Hopefully, more news regarding this issue would come out soon.

I'm really looking forward to something new. I hope this follows through.

If that whole "list" rumor that exists is true, they'd be insane to give Anna the boot.

As bored as I get by American Vogue (the new October issue not withstanding), I just can't imagine anyone else at the helm.

I mean, if Carine replaced her American Vogue would just be French Vogue written in English. Likewise for any other editor out there. I just can't picture it because, like it or not, Anna has given American Vogue a very strong image. At this point I think we just take that for granted because it gets monotonous.

anything to make US VOGUE more exciting and less safe. The American Vogue is sometimes very boring to look at. The editorials, covers - everything is just the same(boring without no creativity).

If that whole "list" rumor that exists is true, they'd be insane to give Anna the boot.

As bored as I get by American Vogue (the new October issue not withstanding), I just can't imagine anyone else at the helm.

I mean, if Carine replaced her American Vogue would just be French Vogue written in English. Likewise for any other editor out there. I just can't picture it because, like it or not, Anna has given American Vogue a very strong image. At this point I think we just take that for granted because it gets monotonous.

That would be a major improvement...:innocent::lol: American Vogue needs to to be more daring with their editorials and cover choices.

But American Vogue shouldn't be a carbon copy of another version of Vogue. It deserves better than to just be a pale imitation of another magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->