Anouk Aimee

Today's her 74th Birthday!!

(younggalleryphoto.com; chez.com; filmkultura.iif.hu; volkovitch.com)

Attachments

• Aimee 1961 (younggalleryphoto.com).jpg
    Aimee 1961 (younggalleryphoto.com).jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Aimee (chez.com).jpg
    Aimee (chez.com).jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 324
  • Aimee (filmkultura.iif.hu).jpg
    Aimee (filmkultura.iif.hu).jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Aimee (volkovitch.com).jpg
    Aimee (volkovitch.com).jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 17
I love, love, love this woman.
I think Fellini said she had the most perfect face for film.
Those incredible cheekbones and that wide mouth.:heart:

Photos of this beautiful creature.

With husband, Albert Finney

I would kill to have a profile like this!

source:gettyimages

Pictures of Anouk on the set of the film Justine, taken by Eve Arnold from her bk Film Journal.

Here's an excerpt from Eve's book when she asked Dirk Borgade (a close friend of Anouk) to give her a clue to Anouk's personality.
He said 'She is never so happy as when she's miserable between love affairs.' He went on, 'Somehow when one thinks of Anouk it is inevitably a tiny figure alone huddled up and sobbing in the back of a Rolls.'

Anouk talked to Eve about her role as Justine, who is Jewish. Anouk herself was Jewish and Eve said that she is haunted by two things Anouk quoted to her. They seemed to say more about her than anything else I had experienced with her during the three weeks I knew her on the film.
Quote from Treblinka: 'The Jews are prone to anguish but seldom given to despair.'
And, said by an anonymous Jewish poet to his wife when the Nazis came to get them, 'Till now we have lived with fear, now we can know hope.'

This is my favourite picture of Anouk ever.:heart: It captures her melancholy so beautifully.

source:magnumphotos

I just saw La Dolce Vita and she was amazing in it...stuck out to me instantly in the first few scenes...they were the best in the movie.

^Karma 60swildchild!:heart:
That is such a beautiful pictures....Anouk is so sadly overlooked by many :(

1karina1 said:
^Karma 60swildchild!:heart:
That is such a beautiful pictures....Anouk is so sadly overlooked by many :(

Thank you Karina:heart: Truthfully I don't really know that much about her but was struck by her beauty when I happened across her photo. The caption to to the photo is as follows:

"Photographed here in Morocco during filming of Justine (1969) in which she co-starred wth Michael York and Dirk Bogarde. As an actress she is perhaps best known for her role in Un Homme et Une Femme, the 1966 film produced by Claude Lelouch which became an international box office success and for which Anouk was nominated for an Oscar."
- Patrick Lichfield

I will try and find some articles on her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->