'ANTM' To Have Vogue Italia Cover as a Prize

loveeeeeeeee love :heart: these quotes! It's exactely what I think and what I live with while modeling and studying for quite some time. Franca really knows what she is talkin' about: being a model isn't just about looking "pretty" it's hard and long work and "intertpreting the clothing and moving and being patient and professional" are the key-code to my mind and to most of the industry's top people. Can't wait to see Franca on ANTM :smile:

I can't wait for this cycle to start ... but I would like a lil less drama, at least during "makeovers". How can the girls still be "I LOOK UGLY NOO MY HAIR" after so many cycles remains in fact a mystery to me.

Can't wait to see the new judge though :DDD

I can't wait for this cycle to start ... but I would like a lil less drama, at least during "makeovers". How can the girls still be "I LOOK UGLY NOO MY HAIR" after so many cycles remains in fact a mystery to me.

Can't wait to see the new judge though :DDD

Is there a new permanent judge?

The final runway show will be for Roberto Cavalli! :woot: This is major.

Omg!!!! The last time there was a decent Milan show was in cycle 2 for Dsquared, and at that time the brand wasn't as well established. This is so cool, can you imagine an ANTM model walking with Natasha, Lara, Sasha and all the other top models?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, good news because we need a better quality here, last cycles were huge disappointment to me.

But I dont much like the idea of those wishful models on such runways, or worse, VI cover.
Many active models that do a lot of campaign, walk a lot of shows have yet to have any VI cover, why a contest winner, whose capability has not FULLY recognized yet gets such a privilege. Because the shade of Tyra ? No, I don't think so

:lol::lol::lol:

The final runway show will be for Roberto Cavalli! :woot: This is major.

Wow :shock:

So...I suppose that they will have top photographers this time? Imagine one episode Inez & Vinoodh, another episode Mert & Marcus etc :woot:

Wow, good news because we need a better quality here, last cycles were huge disappointment to me.

But I dont much like the idea of those wishful models on such runways, or worse, VI cover.
Many active models that do a lot of campaign, walk a lot of shows have yet to have any VI cover, why a contest winner, whose capability has not FULLY recognized yet gets such a privilege. Because the shade of Tyra ? No, I don't think so

I must agree. I were a model, and after having worked for years without much success I saw that a girl was being given the cover of VI based upon her performance on a horrific television program, I would be absolutely infuriated. Yet, I think that I would rather be unsuccessful as a working model than be considered a "top" model from an essentially irrelevant program.

If industry credibility is what is desired for the chosen girl, then I suggest they leave Tyra out of the equation altogether, at least as the cover and editorial are concerned. She had her opportunity for such things decades ago, and scarcely can I think of something more laughable than her attempting to pose alongside the winner (who would likely rather be by herself).

Last edited by a moderator:
The invitation posted in the other thread says it's Just Cavalli and not Roberto Cavalli, which makes sense since it's usually at the beginning of Milan FW and rookie models always walk for Just Cavalli....slightly anti-climactic.

i can totally imagine the winner being glared at by the professional girls- natasha, magdalena, olga etc:lol:

I must agree. I were a model, and after having worked for years without much success I saw that a girl was being given the cover of VI based upon her performance on a horrific television program, I would be absolutely infuriated. Yet, I think that I would rather be unsuccessful as a working model than be considered a "top" model from an essentially irrelevant program.

If industry credibility is what is desired for the chosen girl, then I suggest they leave Tyra out of the equation altogether, at least as the cover and editorial are concerned. She had her opportunity for such things decades ago, and scarcely can I think of something more laughable than her attempting to pose alongside the winner (who would likely rather be by herself).
If an experienced model got mad or offended over a reality TV show winner getting the cover of VI, then she is probably living a pretty bitter existence since she would have likely also been infuriated when newbies like Kirsi and Daria S. got a VI cover, and when another newbie Rose Codero got the cover of Vogue Paris and when celebutante Pixie Geldolf got a VI cover and when another celebutante, Georgia Mae Jagger snagged the Versace and Chanel campaigns.

If Tyra did not do her Tyra thing (and I have gotten POed at her on more than one occasion), then the show would not have lasted as long as it did, there is a reality TV graveyard full of failed model shows... Model Behavior (does anyone even remember that one?)... Make Me a Super Model... The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency... Models of the Runway and there were a couple of other shows that I can't even remember the titles, one was actually more about the agency than models.

Even if Sozzani, Meisel and Demarchelier proclaimed the winner to be the second coming of Daria, Naomi and Gisele, if she has a scintilla of sense she would be more than happy if not honored to appear in VI along with Tyra. I was one of the ones who speculated that it would be a joint cover ***spoilerish*** although someone posted in the cover rumor thread that Tyra and Sessilee were doing something for VI so if that is true I will retract my comment about Tyra also being on the cover with the winner in lieu of her getting a solo cover or a cover with Sessilee, the poster in the cover rumor thread did not specify that they were shooting the cover and people post non-cover related scoops in that thread as well. My current line of thinking has changed a little bit, it is either Tyra is getting the cover and the winner will appear in one or more editorials since it should be noted that Sozzani has not mentioned the winner getting a cover. Actually I would not rule out the winner getting a solo or non-Tyra multi-girl cover if she has a strong look like C12's Allison or Teyona or an "in" look like C5's Nicole or C10's Anya, Fatima or Katarzyna because even if the winner's modeling ability is subpar, VI will do what it has been doing for ages - let the styling and the set do all the work... Meisel will load his filters and black and white film, Karl Templar will find a big, puffy dress and Pat McGrath may show up toting her bag of tricks - so whether the winner turns out to be a great model or a so-so model, it is not something that the VI crew has not dealt with numerous times before.

^ ETA:
I reread my previous post and wanted to clarify that my bottomline guess is that Tyra is going to be on the cover of VI either by herself, with the C15 winner or another model - my point being is that VI hooking up with ANTM is not about the show or contestants, it is really about getting in bed with Tyra, that is not even speculation, Franca Sozzani said something to that effect and so did ALT when he came onboard as a judge. If the winner has the right look and / or ability then she is going to ride Tyra's coattails all the way to the pages and maybe even cover of VI. Even though I mentioned a solo cover in my previous post, I think that is a long shot and if the winner gets a cover it will most likely be with Tyra or a multi-girl with one or more other models.

*****************************​

Regarding ANTM's finale being a "real" runway show, of course I can never say never, but the ANTM finale runway will not be a "real" catwalk because first of all, the filming schedule does not coincide with the runway season, at least not for the fashion capitals. More importantly, a top designer is not going allow his or her collection to share its debut with the filming of a television show, it does not matter what the reputation of ANTM is and I don't think that it is as bad as people assume it is, I mean of course the show gets criticized and sneered at, but it is not like the fashion world is not filled with designers, photographers and editors like Tyra who do things their way and as long as they are successful, people will try to get on their good side and while ANTM has not produced a top model, the show and Tyra are very successful in other ways.

Anyhoo, filming a show like ANTM requires a large crew of people both back stage and on and around the runway and I doubt if there is a top designer who will let an outside party do what needs to be done to produce a TV show, it is too disruptive. A designer, and his / her team, will likely have developed a vision for how the collection will be presented weeks in advance and they would then have to adapt that vision and the tactics for a television broadcast. I can't see a top designer doing this, perhaps an up and coming designer looking for exposure and a quasi-financial partner that ANTM will be since they secure the venue and provide most of the crew. The most I can see happening is the winner (or maybe another model if it is a challenge) being allowed to come back and walk in the "real" show which is what happened in Cycle 11 with Sam and McKey and was suppose to happen in Cycle 9 with Saleisha, not as the winner but because she won a challenge earlier in the competition.

but wasn't the Just Cavalli runway show cancelled last season, so only a showroom collection was shown. So I don't think its that unrealistic for them to sort of "take over" the Just Cavalli runway presentation, because they barely showed last season d/t financial issues, so this seems like a win win situation to me. Just Cavalli gets a runway show + tons of press, ANTM gets to attach itself to a name brand designer (albeit a diffusion line)..

I'm not saying I think for sure its going to be a real runway show, so many logistical problems (ie taping time, large crew..), but from a designer standpoint, I can see why Just Cavalli would want to lend itself to ANTM..

When does the new cycle start airing...? i might and i stress 'might' just have to watch. So i guess the ANTM fashion upgrade is working cause it just gained one new possible viewer and a whole lot more credibility)

but wasn't the Just Cavalli runway show cancelled last season, so only a showroom collection was shown. So I don't think its that unrealistic for them to sort of "take over" the Just Cavalli runway presentation, because they barely showed last season d/t financial issues, so this seems like a win win situation to me. Just Cavalli gets a runway show + tons of press, ANTM gets to attach itself to a name brand designer (albeit a diffusion line)..

I'm not saying I think for sure its going to be a real runway show, so many logistical problems (ie taping time, large crew..), but from a designer standpoint, I can see why Just Cavalli would want to lend itself to ANTM..
You still have the timing issue, the Just Cavalli show took place this past week-end and RTW collections debut in the fashion capitals in February / March and again in September / October.

So...I just saw some spoiler on RTVG.:boxer:Some contestants are fierce!Cant wait for the show:mrgreen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmozale
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->