Are the 70's coming back?

asta

Reaction score
with the relaunching of the loris azzaro line... do you see 70's style dresses coming back in style?

i have seen so many women wearing azzaro pieces recently- for galas and red carpet...

i wonder how much of an affect they will have on overall fashion trends and forecasting?

I wonder, I'm not too familiar with Azzaro, only what I've seen clebs wear, but to me the clothes don't seem very typical 70's. I'm all for a 70's revival, but only disco 70's, not early or punk 70's, sort of like what Gucci did in the mid 90's...........loved that!

Accesory-wise the 70s' are back. Check out Jimmy Choo, Pierre Hardy, Dior and other brands and you'll see platforms are back. Bags and dresses, too, from some designers channeled the decade.

You ask, with the launch of Azzaro will the 70's be back-BIG time-in fashion? Could be. Yet Tom Ford, the man who's fave decade to channel is the 70's, is gone. So I'm not sure. Let's wait. :wink:

DISCO DISCO DISCO BABY...
bring it all back...
it has been all this 60s 50s 80s ... 70s got missed out...
bring it baaaack .. we're gonna party... woo

Originally posted by seditionary@May 16th, 2004 - 10:26 pm
DISCO DISCO DISCO BABY...
bring it all back...
it has been all this 60s 50s 80s ... 70s got missed out...
bring it baaaack .. we're gonna party... woo
That's what I'm saying, I'm so sick of the 50's/60's era that fashion is currently obsessing with. Bring back sex, glamour, decadence, and disco.

BTW, that's a good point igni, would be kind of ironic if the 70's came back and the person who did it best (at least imo) wasn't here to enjoy it.

A disco revival would be great for my budget, I wouldn't buy any of those clothes except the fabulous "Disco Sux" tee shirt! :P

As always, variety is the spice of life... Disco down and smoke em if ya got em!

All trends will be recycled in due time. :wink:

even if disco isn't "coming back," i've got something big in store... >:D

NO PLATFORM SHOES!!!! ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!

Out of all the time periods, I despise the 70s. Very tacky.

God I hope not. I agree with hollyslookingdry, the 70's were tacky in my opinion.

Wouildn't it be funny if the 90's came back and suddenly we were all wearing flannel shirts and Doc Martens again?

Originally posted by Glamourina@May 16th, 2004 - 11:52 pm
God I hope not. I agree with hollyslookingdry, the 70's were tacky in my opinion.

Wouildn't it be funny if the 90's came back and suddenly we were all wearing flannel shirts and Doc Martens again?
Some of us, ahem, never stopped wearing Docs.

I say Viva la Tacky! Sometimes it is fun to just embrace the tasteless and naff. Goodness knows I make a lifestyle of it.

Originally posted by Glamourina@May 17th, 2004 - 4:52 am

u dont observe fashion much do ya...
j/k... the 90s did have a revival... well at least from dior n galliano aspects they did...

Did the 70's influences disappear? I think we've seen them here and there for the past 10-15 years or so...?

Originally posted by hollyslookingdry@May 16th, 2004 - 11:41 pm
NO PLATFORM SHOES!!!! ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!

Out of all the time periods, I despise the 70s. Very tacky.
I disagree, I mean yeah, some 70's stuff was just HORRIBLE. Elephant pants and ployester :sick: . But then there was the good 70's, the Halston, Bianca Jagger in YSL, clingy silk dresses, chain mail tops 70's (all in moderation of course) But anything out of a Brooklyn nightclub trying to be Studio54, no way, I do not condone pimp-wear.

Whenever there is some sort of decade revival trend going on I just pick the items I like to add to my wardrobe. I never don a head to toe retro look because I think that looks a bit stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->