Are the 70's coming back?

I love this, I love this! I'm so excited. :heart: :heart:

Erin said:
I think some 70's influenced items have slowly been creeping back in... I hope your prediction is right, seann... personally, I just love the glitter, and gold and silver of the 70's... such a happening time.

I LOVE gold and silver and the glitter. I think it can make the most boring piece of clothing turn into the perfect partyoutfit.

No, 70's hasn't been around for some time, not disco 70's anyway...it was more early, flowerchild/bohemian 70's.

I love the late 70's, but really just for women's clothing. The dresses, the furs, the glamour, the sexiness of it all....it's fabulous.

And I definitly agree with what Spacemiu said, about wanting to escape, which is really what disco was all about. I think if anything, that's a major reason for any 70's feeling in the air recently. Look at all of the shoes for s/s 06, so many platforms (some good, some bad of course) and clothes are definitly going back to a more body conscious, slinky silhouette as opposed to the major volume that was going on for a while

Last edited by a moderator:
Moda_junkie said:
definitely different times.
the world can never be the same again as it was 30 years ago.. but who knows, maybe the disco vibe can revive.. :smile:

people are so fed up of getting up and worrying about work and hurry with a coffee in hand to work.
too much tense and nerves.

where's the living life part go? :unsure::ninja:

People have changed. So did the "living part of life" as you call it. Its here, but now we understand it in different ways:smile:

seditionary said:
DISCO DISCO DISCO BABY...
bring it all back...
it has been all this 60s 50s 80s ... 70s got missed out...
bring it baaaack .. we're gonna party... woo

Yes! Let's do this, people!!!
Just follow travolta!:cool:

I want the 70's to totally come back to style!! Not the 80's, the 70's!

Oh me to! Since I was just a kid..
Theat's pretty much the reason why I like old Sienna's boho^_^

k_dance.jpg

gimme some of that!

And
top_bankraub_bonnieclyde.jpg
planet-wissen.de
faye%20dunaway.jpg
amvf.org
CIN00290_107.jpg
americanphoto.co.jp
annie-balcony.jpg
torp.priv.no
boogie.jpg
www.jigsawlounge.co.uk

I :heart: the above...but isn't disco going to be too much after the glitters of 2004? It's somehow confusing...Madonna is doing disco 70's (look at the d&g madonna shirts :huh: ) , while there's 60's Beatnik (factory still has to come out) and in the mean time there are these 70's chloé dresses...It all gets mixed up:huh:

boho 60s has been done

but not the glamorous late 70s , which I grew up in and trust me , that was a glamourous time , the clothes were gorgeous, slinky dresses, high waisted wide pants , skintight designer jeans ( gloria vanderbilt style) , satins, lames , dark lipstick , just uber sexy and sophisticated. Im fed up with the obsession
with the 80s and 60s so barf!!!:sick: TRUST ME I LIVED THROUGH BOTH DECADES and the era from 1976-1979 was the golden age of fashion .

I love the glamourous 70s. And Tom Ford would have done it the best :cry:

As far as I'm concerned there is a reason why the 70's keep coming back in style. It's because it's the the most ferocious decade for fashion, the 60's being a close second.

As far as I'm concerned there is a reason why the 70's keep coming back in style. It's because it's the the most ferocious decade for fashion, the 60's being a close second.

i agree, kind of. though i hate the 80s

i also kind of like early 90s and late 90s and i love milenium

I like the softer non disco version of the 70s some people have been doing. The 80s looks being done recently are too severe and hard for me and it just isn't a favorite decade for me. The 60s is always one of my biggest favorites though.

if based on the tv show....i don't see it...i guess i am just clueless about 70s...though i was born in the 70s...

In a hippiesque way maybe the jeans... but not much other than that bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->