Argentina Street Style

^Well, black basic boots are around 200 pesos. I saw a pair of cowboy booties, zebra stripped with lace, very unique looking and not trendy: they were 800 pesos... this is what I was talking about, the quirky stuff is just too expensive. For some people is cheaper to follow the trends.
About designer´s prices: I saw a basic black dress by Mariano Toledo that was 1000 dollars, maybe it´s not more expensive than Chanel but certainly is a lot more expensive that a lot of international designers.
About the hair, the only hairstyle that I see everywhere is the teenagers´ but I see grown women with different styles.
Then again, some people don´t have a style that it´s their own but this happens everywhere...

like i said, bring on American Apparel, H&M and Topshop in Buenos Aires!

it's all about democracy in fashion

plus i am sure there is a handful of Argentinian hipsters who are dying for an AA to open in BsAs

All talk and no action.. we need pictures for this page ^_^

two of my favorite looks spotted at onthecorner. :heart:
I think they're both very individual and globally remarkable.. such different takes in fashion but still equally devoted.

OTC_Belén .jpg OTC_Blancanieves.jpg

I also think they're quite outstanding for bas standards as they're both very girlie but downplaying femininity in appearance..
my only complaint: the fringe clutch and bi-colored hair! it couldn't been perfect with less emphasis on her hair and a simple black purse. but oh well.

like i said, bring on American Apparel, H&M and Topshop in Buenos Aires!

it's all about democracy in fashion

plus i am sure there is a handful of Argentinian hipsters who are dying for an AA to open in BsAs

i agree! a topshop here will make a big improvement on the argentine's style :lol:

Well, I love the style from the people of Argentina, I don't think you really "need" those stores:flower:
Oh, and another thing, I was just wondering if anyone knows this girl...
I know that it's kind of crazy if someone does, but I was thinking that maybe she could be a kind of Argentinian"it girl" or I don't know...:rolleyes:
Well here's the link http://www.fotolog.com/taluchhhi/40729216
I loved the black converse with black shoelaces, definitively I'm going to buy ones NOW:wink:

Attachments

• 1218651934825_f.jpg
    1218651934825_f.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 11
Well, I love the style from the people of Argentina, I don't think you really "need" those stores:flower:
Oh, and another thing, I was just wondering if anyone knows this girl...
I know that it's kind of crazy if someone does, but I was thinking that maybe she could be a kind of Argentinian"it girl" or I don't know...:rolleyes:
Well here's the link http://www.fotolog.com/taluchhhi/40729216
I loved the black converse with black shoelaces, definitively I'm going to buy ones NOW:wink:

Not an it girl

that is very french.
no matter what you wear, who you are, no matter who's looking at you. french people stare !

if you wear something different than a pair of jeans, people in argentina stare, shout, whistle, make noises and questions (as in "what are you wearing?" or even worse "are you that cold"), etc. and these reactions are not only to really wild dressing like ana piaggi, but a simple red lipstick will drive people crazy, you cannot wear a superman t-shirt without having people shouting superman as you walk by... :shock:
i think this is the reason why there is a basic style going on forever and will never stop, sadly. you have to have a lot of guts and good mood to go out dressing what you want if it differs from the basics-_-

^I like to think that people stare at me because they like what I´m wearing :ninja::lol:
perhaps I´m fooling myself :P

sometimes i think that too, and it's the only time i don't get that mad.. if they look at my shoes i usualy say to them "yes, they are beautiful":rofl:

About the "staring situation",isn't only a french thing ,i think it's a "latino thing" in general and it's awful; it's not very nice having someone looking at you from head to toe if it makes sense...i don't care if it is for good or bad reason, just don't like , i have to admit i used to do it a lot when i was younger and back in home in Buenos Aires but since i've been living here (in England) i kind of stopped cos i realised it does make people uncorfortable and because i don't like it when they do it to me, here, you can have a monkey on top of your head that people won't look at u, the only ones that will, will be spanish, french, italian,argentinian, well basically every latino i think

randomn question, what are the prices like at ay not dead

T-shirts from $50 to $150 (argentinian pesos)
Jeans $250
Jumpers $190
Nor sure about dresses and coats, but it's from i remember last year when i went home.
A bit overpriced, but in Argentina it's worth it cos some of it's designs are original (there) and you know there won't be many people wearing them

About the "staring situation",isn't only a french thing ,i think it's a "latino thing" in general and it's awful; it's not very nice having someone looking at you from head to toe if it makes sense...i don't care if it is for good or bad reason, just don't like , i have to admit i used to do it a lot when i was younger and back in home in Buenos Aires but since i've been living here (in England) i kind of stopped cos i realised it does make people uncorfortable and because i don't like it when they do it to me, here, you can have a monkey on top of your head that people won't look at u, the only ones that will, will be spanish, french, italian,argentinian, well basically every latino i think
How long have you been in England?

It's certainly different, people are so much more reserved. You keep your eyes and hands to yourself. Personal space is measured in acres too. :lol:

I was thinking of going to Buenos Aries this summer, i'm glad to see people are so fashionable out there ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
How long have you been in England?
It's certainly different, people are so much more reserved. You keep your eyes and hands to yourself. Personal space is measured in acres too. :lol:

I've been here for 3 years,yeah people are mor reserved which in some aspects i preffer more.
If you go to Bs. As. you' ll love it! the city is great! B)

I've been here for 3 years,yeah people are mor reserved which in some aspects i preffer more.
If you go to Bs. As. you' ll love it! the city is great! B)
I've decided it's probably too expensive this year, and i'll have to stick with going to Thailand/Vietnam like every other student! ha.

Everthing in general just costs more there, and i'm not sure what I could really do for 7 weeks or so in just Buenos Aires without knowing any of the locals. But anyway, I won't take this thread off topic :lol:

if you wear something different than a pair of jeans, people in argentina stare, shout, whistle, make noises and questions (as in "what are you wearing?" or even worse "are you that cold"), etc. and these reactions are not only to really wild dressing like ana piaggi, but a simple red lipstick will drive people crazy, you cannot wear a superman t-shirt without having people shouting superman as you walk by... :shock:
i think this is the reason why there is a basic style going on forever and will never stop, sadly. you have to have a lot of guts and good mood to go out dressing what you want if it differs from the basics-_-

Yep! my bf dresses nerdy/hipster (skinny jeans, vintage glasses, stache, etc etc) and he got major stares when we were visiting this past winter

i guess there are a lot of cultures in here, we also are in a terribly broken country and the fashion culture it is not what it should, not everyone has the head clean in order to buy a fashion mag, not even to have a good taste in clothes...
on the streets u see boring people, or BAD very bad dressed, and a lot of the ones who can really afford good/or expensive clothing, well, they are laveled and look the same...

i see there are some people who even try so harddd to coppy cat the cobra snake, etc etc etc culture and dressing... that they really look ridiculous, i guess there's a lot of people with great innate sense of fashion, and if u're really well dressed no=ones stares, i dont want to contradict you Boluda, but i guess that you can pull a superman tshirt with red lipstic in the city, but with the right accesories, not going out like piñoñ=fijo...:P

on the streets u see boring people, or BAD very bad dressed, and a lot of the ones who can really afford good/or expensive clothing, well, they are laveled and look the same...
i see there are some people who even try so harddd to coppy cat the cobra snake, etc etc etc culture and dressing... that they really look ridiculous

I have to agree with you on these 2 things you said , that's so true, especially the teenagers....
I disagree when u say that if you dress well no one will stare at u , imo no matter if you are dressed well ,bad or u r wearing something "unusual" for the argentinian public eye they still stare at you,the only way no one will is if you dress as everyone else, labeled as you said...

yes maybe u're right.... and LOL to the baf kids... im trying not to be hurtful, but, i really feel petty for them almost all the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->