Argentina Street Style

Yes, but street style doesn't necessarily apply to Recoleta and Palermo, there is a lot more than that!
People tend to do that but it's not true, ou just have to look further.-

Exactly onthecirner now show diferent looks in diferents places, in you enter in the street style of Australlia ej: you see 95% of the look are from the neighbourhoods more comercial, rich and cool, the same example are in Argentina.

What testinofan mentioned is true imo, actually i think that happens in every street style blog or thread in this sub-forum you enter. When i went to Rome and Paris for example i didn't see anyone in the street dressed like the ones featured on blogs or shown in this forum. Of course, if you go to middle-class neighborhoods or trendy/cool areas you're likely to find people like that but, isn't there where most bloggers/magazines go to take their pics? So i wouldn't say is something only Argentinian Blogs or magazines do. They do it around the world actually.

The style showed here to me is what I would say hispters or floggers or modernitos , don't like it at all , the nice style can be found at night bars like Isabel or L'abeille the parties at Faena aswell there you see nice dressed people , there other few places too but it get mixed with the typical let loose argentine , I'd like them to be a little more elegant less hipsterish...

^ I know what you mean but, i think some Argentinian people are self-conscious of other people's staring and comments (bitchiness imo) when they wear something people are not used to see on a daily basis let's say. So like they just don't bother and wear what everybody else is wearing at the moment there. Here's my example: i live in England so last time i went back home to visit i carried my Mulberry Alexa shiny leopard, the amount of girls staring and making comments (some of them good, some of them really bad like:" That ______ has a Mulberry?" . I know is in our nature (as women, not that i include myself or all women in that case) to be jealous but, i have never had a comment like that here in England . So that's is my opinion why most of Argentinian people are "loose" when it comes up to dressing up

^ I totally know what you mean that happens alot with girls from my Uni they all dress the same and they critizise a lot!! I've noticed that girls with money and the ones that travel alot do not critizise they are more "open minded" I am not from Argentina but I've been there since 3 years though I spend too much time in México like at this moment (wich by the way Argentina has way better style than Mx) and also what I noticed is this in the eyes of Argentine people I do not look like mexican at all because of my heritage, they confuse me by Argentine, they all stare always because that's what girls and also grown women do no matter if you're argentine or from other country, but the moment I speak in class and they hear my accent all the eyes just go straight to you and they check the outfit head to toe , the girls get really jealous and bitchy! just because they know you're not from there, so they ecah other want to feel accepted or I don't know but it's the same style they cannot accept something different, also happens with foreigners they tend to start dressing like all the girls so the style keeps cloning and cloning, that's why I tend to make friends of girls who travel and are more open minded yes some are chetas but style open minded the other type of chetas I just can't stand the ones who are not chetas are just not into what I am into , so it gets a bit harder when it comes to make friends at uni

With the guys I had went out are also obsessed with style, they keep asking me where I bought my shoes, where I bought my jacket, shirt, glasses etcetc in other places boys I mean maybe comment and give a compliment in style but with argentines they noticed even the smalles item , I'm talking men so you can imagine women

I don't mean to offend anyone here, I love Argentines, I adore them but sometimes it's tiring when even old ladies don't stop staring!!!

I know, if i had a street style blog im not going to show boring outfits; but all i see in this page is cheto-hipster-design students who dress as clowns. I'd like to see more "normal" - down to earth but stylish people.

^ I totally know what you mean that happens alot with girls from my Uni they all dress the same and they critizise a lot!! I've noticed that girls with money and the ones that travel alot do not critizise they are more "open minded" I am not from Argentina but I've been there since 3 years though I spend too much time in México like at this moment (wich by the way Argentina has way better style than Mx) and also what I noticed is this in the eyes of Argentine people I do not look like mexican at all because of my heritage, they confuse me by Argentine, they all stare always because that's what girls and also grown women do no matter if you're argentine or from other country, but the moment I speak in class and they hear my accent all the eyes just go straight to you and they check the outfit head to toe , the girls get really jealous and bitchy! just because they know you're not from there, so they ecah other want to feel accepted or I don't know but it's the same style they cannot accept something different, also happens with foreigners they tend to start dressing like all the girls so the style keeps cloning and cloning, that's why I tend to make friends of girls who travel and are more open minded yes some are chetas but style open minded the other type of chetas I just can't stand the ones who are not chetas are just not into what I am into , so it gets a bit harder when it comes to make friends at uni

With the guys I had went out are also obsessed with style, they keep asking me where I bought my shoes, where I bought my jacket, shirt, glasses etcetc in other places boys I mean maybe comment and give a compliment in style but with argentines they noticed even the smalles item , I'm talking men so you can imagine women

I don't mean to offend anyone here, I love Argentines, I adore them but sometimes it's tiring when even old ladies don't stop staring!!!

Not only I'm not offended by your comment, but I'm bittersweetly glad to read someone thinks the same- I must sound like a broken record, but I cannot stand it, it makes me want to move from here. Specially studying desing, it is exhausting when plagiarism is the only way of doing anything. And the very base of that is precisely what you've noticed. People are so afraid of being rejected and pressured to be preety, that they try to deminish anyone who either challenges them, or even dresses mildly differently. It is a big turn off-I wish I lived elsewhere most of the days :(

The saddest thing is when someone finally understand that being yelled at for not wearing the basic uniform people adore so much is not only a terrible lack of disrespect and discrimination, but also utterly irritating, they tell you that the answer is to dress the basic uniform like everyone else..:blink::ninja:

I know, if i had a street style blog im not going to show boring outfits; but all i see in this page is cheto-hipster-design students who dress as clowns. I'd like to see more "normal" - down to earth but stylish people.

I couldn't agree more! It's frustrating to see that labeled as Argentina street style.-

Lol. I love the comments. When I started my streetstyle website I told my buss partner that our mission was to DOCUMENT streetstyle. On all of its forms ... even "cholometals" and goths and emos and jesus freaks and everything under the sun ... we keep getting the odd bad comment on why would we put someone with such an atrocious outfit on the website ... but we dont edit. The street doesnt edit.

That said ... this thread is becoming a bit bland .. why not posting some of those onthecorner pics???

PS My brother is there right now .. he said he loves it.

^Have a look a few pages back, i've been posting pics from onthecorner for quite some time :flower:

I Think the discussion go to the wrong part The Argentines have a good style, yes are i gree the best look your found in Palermo, Recoleta, Belgrano, good restaurant, Isabel, Faena, To, Casa Cruz, Tequi, etc .
The problem of the style Argentine is like look free and innovative but have many prejudices of what people may say

but I think people are evil and envious is everywhere

foto2664_home.jpg
foto2665_home.jpg
foto2674_home.jpg
foto2694_home.jpg
foto3014_home.jpg

onthecorner.com.ar, not all from Buenos Aires.

The first girl in the post above is gorgeous! I adore her curly bangs. Her outfit is cool too!

I'm Venezuelan, but i live in Argentina. There's a lot of people that dress really nice here, sometimes i take pictures with my camera, usually on festivals*

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else follow Chicas Bondi? I'm in love with the photographer's work! :heart:.. I know it's not primarily fashion-oriented and it's more about girls the guy/girl either 'approves' in some context but I still like that you get a general picture of Argentinian girls' style and in such a familiar place like buses (I remember I hated colectivos so much when living there, now I just want to go back and imagine who I'd photograph :lol:).

bondi1.jpgbondi2.jpg

bondi3.jpgbondi4.jpg

bondi5.jpgbondi6.jpg

bondi7.jpgbondi8.jpg

bondi9.jpgbondi10.jpg
[pinterest.com/chicasbondi]

What I love the most is that it finally breaks away from the 'strike a pose' tradition of most streetstyle blogs that no matter how good they are, you know it's all fabricated to appeal in a certain way.. this still is but the model doesn't know it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->