Ashlee Simpson Hospitalized in Japan

Jennika

Reaction score
December 16 10:30 AM EST EXCLUSIVE: Ashlee Simpson Hospitalized in Japan Us Weekly is the first to report that singer Ashlee Simpson, 21, is currently in a Tokyo hospital after collapsing yesterday following an MTV Japan performance. The singer, whose album I Am Me, debuted at Number 1 last month, had just performed hthe album's title track before the audience when she told the crowd she felt unwell, and said to them, 'I love you guys.' She then collapsed in an elevator at MTV Japan and was rushed by ambulance to an undisclosed hospital where she has remained. Her publicist, Rob Shuter, confirmed the hospitalization to Us, but no further details. The singer has been on a strenuous tour schedule supporting her critically-lauded comeback album. 'She's wanted to prove over and over to her fans that she can perform live after what happened on SNL last year,' says one source. The singer's performamce at the Radio Music Awards on Monday has been canceled, and her family is currently waiting for a diagnosis before deciding whether to fly to Japan, or have Simpson return to the States. One source says the likely diagnosis will be exhaustion.

http://www.usmagazine.com/

gawd, I'd love to have a magic book that gives the real reason behind each celebrity exhaustion/food poisoning claim :P

Jennika said:
gawd, I'd love to have a magic book that gives the real reason behind each celebrity exhaustion/food poisoning claim :P

Seriously. I've never seen a celebrity that actually has a lot going on professionally (like say: Julia Roberts, Jennifer Aniston, Jodi Foster, Charlize Theron, etc) claim they've had exhaustion the way that these energy filled tweens do:innocent:

NOE said:
Seriously. I've never seen a celebrity that actually has a lot going on professionally (like say: Julia Roberts, Jennifer Aniston, Jodi Foster, Charlize Theron, etc) claim they've had exhaustion the way that these energy filled tweens do:innocent:

So true! :lol:

I just read that on AOL. Seriously, this girl is a total train wreck. All of these little teeny bopper celebs are so over-dramatic. Last week, Lohan called in to Regis and Kelly AFTER the show had already begun taping to say she had food poisoning and wouldn't make it (seriously pissing off the Reege) and later that day, she appeared on TRL and was dancing! With Ashlee, one minute her band messes up, then she has acid reflux, then she is climbing on counters, now she is flat out dropping to the ground. :rolleyes:

It kills me how these celebrities experience "exhaustion". My father, like many many other Americans, has one hell of a stressful job. He wakes up at 5am (sometimes 4:30), drives to Detroit, comes home around 9pm (3 or 4 times a week he is held until 11pm)...and doesn't get paid NEARLY what these twats do!! If they want to experience true exhaustion, they should try getting a real job!

Who cares? How many different ways does god have to tell her she's not meant to be...

Enough with the excuses of her trying to prove she can sing. Really.

hello ! i once read that exhaustion was really meant overdose or food problems lile anorexia.
for eg collin farrell said he was in hospital for exhaustion in mdeo uruguay and really it was a drugs overdose so mmmm:innocent:

Seriously, how can she get exhausted by lip synching?

I feel kind of bad for the kid, because she does seem to be trying so hard at something she's probably not cut out for.

She has a lot of charm and a pleasant face. Her variety show thing she used to do was pretty cute; I saw a few clips from it. I think she could do very well as a TV presenter, especially in sketch shows or as a host. She's charismatic, she's just not much of a singer.

As for the diagnosis of exhaustion, who knows? It could be for real. I had killer, killer jet lag when I went to England and when I came home. Like at a point, you really do just fall over. I was on the train from London to York, and I very much wanted to watch the scenery and have a sandwich, but I literally passed out. Same thing coming home. I wanted to chat with my mom and dad, but it was just like a switch was thrown and all of my energy shut off. Thud.

I think they say "exhaustion" to cover a number of things that might be embarrasing. It could be like a nervous breakdown or an anxiety attack, where you don't necessarily want to broadcast your emotional difficulties to the whole world, or something very, very awkward like bad traveller's diarrhea! Who wants to admit, "I couldn't continue the show because I could not stop pooping"? I'm sure sometimes "food poisoning" is the same thing as "a hangover." Heck, I know some non-celebs who have called in sick to work that way! And I'm sure some "exhaustion" comes from too much drug use, but I suspect a lot of "exhaustion" is more mental than physical.

As You Like It said:
I feel kind of bad for the kid, because she does seem to be trying so hard at something she's probably not cut out for.

She has a lot of charm and a pleasant face. Her variety show thing she used to do was pretty cute; I saw a few clips from it. I think she could do very well as a TV presenter, especially in sketch shows or as a host. She's charismatic, she's just not much of a singer.

As for the diagnosis of exhaustion, who knows? It could be for real. I had killer, killer jet lag when I went to England and when I came home. Like at a point, you really do just fall over. I was on the train from London to York, and I very much wanted to watch the scenery and have a sandwich, but I literally passed out. Same thing coming home. I wanted to chat with my mom and dad, but it was just like a switch was thrown and all of my energy shut off. Thud.

I think they say "exhaustion" to cover a number of things that might be embarrasing. It could be like a nervous breakdown or an anxiety attack, where you don't necessarily want to broadcast your emotional difficulties to the whole world, or something very, very awkward like bad traveller's diarrhea! Who wants to admit, "I couldn't continue the show because I could not stop pooping"? I'm sure sometimes "food poisoning" is the same thing as "a hangover." Heck, I know some non-celebs who have called in sick to work that way! And I'm sure some "exhaustion" comes from too much drug use, but I suspect a lot of "exhaustion" is more mental than physical.

Nice to read a rational response.

I'm not a fan of Ashley. At all. But I really can understand the pressure and stress she goes through. It takes a lot of energy to constantly be on the move; to fly from one country to the next, nonstop, with little time for a break or sleep.
I know it's easy to make fun of the girl, but come on. If any of us lead the lives of those girls, I'm sure we'd collapse sooner or later.

I'm not going to comment on Ashlee's actual hospitalization because who knows, it might be really serious and I won't go there.

But I can't help but rolling my eyes a little whenever I see her name anywhere! I still can't believe she is famous.

dulcedeleche said:
Who cares? How many different ways does God have to tell her she's not meant to be...
:lol: Fabulyss kudos to your hardworking pop. :flower:

Julia Roberts and those actresses are how old?

How old are Lindsay Lohan and Ashlee Simpson? They can't even legally drink yet.

dulcedeleche said:
Who cares? How many different ways does god have to tell her she's not meant to be...

that comment just made my day! can't stop laughing!

the simpson sisters just need to GO AWAY....!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->