Asian Faces In High Fashion

I’m curious to know about the Asian models during fashion week that’s coming up. Lots of countries are barring people from mainland China because of the coronavirus.

I’m curious to know about the Asian models during fashion week that’s coming up. Lots of countries are barring people from mainland China because of the coronavirus.

That is a good question. I doubt non-Chinese models would have been affected, but it doesn't really look like many Chinese models are affected either. Cong has showed up at Tom Ford, Tang He and Chunjie at Rag & Bone, Ning Jinyi at Monse, etc.

That is a good question. I doubt non-Chinese models would have been affected, but it doesn't really look like many Chinese models are affected either. Cong has showed up at Tom Ford, Tang He and Chunjie at Rag & Bone, Ning Jinyi at Monse, etc.

I wonder if those girls mentioned live abroad for work? I *think* Cong lives in NYC. Couture wasn't that long ago so they might have just stayed in Europe/NY for the few weeks. I do hope the ban doesn't affect fashion week for any models!

Mika Schneider closing Tom Ford was a nice surprise.

Issa Lish is mexican, stop crediting her as asian. Thank you.

Issa Lish is mexican, stop crediting her as asian. Thank you.

I don't really see anyone bringing her up lately, but I don't know why you think you get to choose who identifies as Asian or not.

“I was the only Asian girl in my Mexican high school. I was the only Asian girl ever. I changed schools many times,” says Lish.

There are already so few Asian models in the industry, and we celebrate many mixed-race models here (Mika, Mae, etc.). Choosing to celebrate Issa's success in this thread is not denouncing her Mexican heritage nor are we claiming Issa to be fully Asian.

cr: vogue

Happy to see Radhika at Burberry! Curious to see if Jan Baiboon can walk some more top shows.

Luping was also a lovely surprise.

Pooja Mor for Prabal Gurung s/s 2020 campaign and Ashley Radjarame for prada s/s 2020 campaign.

if Ashley wasn't an exclusive at Prada, I hope she gets to walk some more top shows in Milan.

Also wondering if/when/where Jing, Lina and Bomi will show up.

Xiao Wen Ju is having a moment right now. It reminds me of when Liu Wen suddenly started working a ton a few seasons ago.

HANNAH LOCSIN
- She is from the Philippines! :clap::heart:

New GUCCI girl alert!
GUCCI S/S 2020 * Exclusive

GUCCI PRE FALL 2020

GUCCI S/S 2020 CAMPAIGN

GUCCI FALL 2020

GUCCI PSYCHEDELIC CAMPAIGN 2020

models.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads