Badgley Mischka S/S 2006 : Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen by Gilles Bensimon

pasfoti

Reaction score
Credit: AP

NEW YORK -- Mary-Kate Olsen and her twin sister, Ashley, known for their casual, layered, bohemian style, will wear red carpet-ready couture gowns in an ad campaign for Badgley Mischka.
"Ashley and Mary-Kate have grown up to become America's young style icons. They have an amazing sense of fashion and individuality that intrigued us," the design duo of Mark Badgley and James Mischka said Wednesday in a statement.
Print ads featuring the Olsens will appear in the April issues of Vogue, Elle, InStyle and Vanity Fair magazines. In addition to the print ads, the campaign will appear in stores and on the Internet.
Mary-Kate described the clothes in the fall collection as "glamorous, beautiful, colorful and fun."
Since sharing the role of Michelle Tanner on the '80s comedy "Full House," the Olsens have created a multimedia empire, Dualstar Entertainment Group, with a clothing line, movies, DVDs and other merchandise.
The ad campaign will be the first time they have promoted a brand outside of their own company, said Iconix Brand Group Inc., which markets and licenses the Badgley Mischka trademarks on a variety of apparel and fashion products.
Both sisters were enrolled at New York University, but Mary-Kate, who spent six weeks at a treatment center for an eating disorder in the summer of 2004, took a leave of absence early in her sophomore year in 2005 to devote more time to her business.
Last month, Mary-Kate was targeted by acid-tongued fashion critic Mr. Blackwell in his 46th annual "Worst Dressed" list. He called her clothes "bag lady rags" and "depressingly decayed."

Please, just shoot me...

Olsen Twins for Badgley Mischka

ny125_people_olsens.sff.jpg

AP Photo/Badgley Mischka, Gilles Bensimon

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/eo/20060216/114012786000.html

thank you for posting!

nice

I have mixed feelings...

I like this picture, but not the first one that was posted. It makes them look terrible...

people.com

Mary-Kate and Ashley pose at the St. Regis Hotel in New York City. "They are definitely young women who are coming into their own," says designer James Mischka about the Olsens' grown-up look and professionalism on the set.

Attachments

• 1olsen.jpg
    1olsen.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 80
i have a feeling it was inspired by the scary twins from " the shining":shock:

HQs

they do look scary :blink:

*from the Spring/Summer 2006 Ads thread

Last edited by a moderator:
The reversal is peculiar. Ashley now looks like she wants to kill herself in every photograph, editorial or candid.

Mary-Kate looks even younger than usual. I'm not really feeling these shots, especially the third.

Hahah that shining picture made me laugh out loud. But I love them, I think they are fabulous. As you can tell from my avatar, I think this pic is beautiful!!! A few of them are just so-so, i agree. But they're so marketable that I think this was a smart business move....in most ways.

why does it look like those shining twins have boobs? weren't they little girls?

These are the most horrible ads I have ever seen! They look like blow-up dolls cut and paste onto a background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->