Balenciaga Resort 2011

Terrible
I'm waiting till someone comes up saying "this is innovative,Nicholas is great" and blah blah :lol:

the first model's a dude in a dress

right? RIGHT?

this is so boring, it saves me a sleeping pill for tonight

I'm liking it, it's very unexpected for a resort collection, at the same time I love how he threw in the re-invented pink "touristy Hawaiian flower shirt" dress. My favorite outfit is the 5th one, love the pattern reminds me of something you'd see on a computer, which is great because resort is supposed to be vacation wear, to create a pattern that may resemble the "workspace" is awesome, very out of the box, so to speak.

Here is the full collection...

I think it is hit and miss but I am attracted to the first half. But some are too Ghesquiere and they doesn't appeal to me. I wish his SS will be an improvement from this.

18529948.jpg
69327999.jpg

50203349.jpg
46607525.jpg

82889308.jpg
78663989.jpg

78154324.jpg
86364994.jpg

Style.com

The lighting puts me off the collection even more, I can't see any of the details!

The first look in #27 is the ONLY good outfit, there's actually something to it. The rest of this collection is so primitive and reminds me of Marni.

i like it but yeah its missing something..each of the pieces look from different collections! kind of weird

Review by Nicole Phelps
Nicolas Ghesquière invariably shows off a singularly focused vision at his Balenciaga runway shows in Paris. Resort, in contrast, is often a time for him to work through several disparate ideas. This year, the list includes uniforms, utility wear, and something he's calling techno bohème. Among the collection's 29 looks, the uniforms owed the biggest debt to Cristobal Balenciaga, inspired as they were by the outfits the master designed for airlines. Stretch fabrics and magnetic closures aside, there was something distinctly 1960's Pan Am hostess about a fitted and very short blue skirtsuit. Meanwhile, Ghesquière made his country-hippie blouses, long and full skirts, and tiny bolero vests modern, futuristic even, by rendering them in iridescent fabrics and embroidering them with metallic threads. The Edition pieces, reissues of archival Cristobal creations tweaked for the twenty-first century, are the perfect metaphor for the house's backward-forward approach this season. The highlight was a sari-like column gown circa 1961 in a particular shade of grass green. It apparently took Ghesquière several years of research to locate that number, and the effort paid dividends—A-list redhead Nicole Kidman should call dibs stat.
style.com

I really love all of this no matter what anyone says. Perfect resort collection. I love how you can see many of his past collections within these clothes.

I really love all of this no matter what anyone says.

Join the club ^_^ The more I look at the collection, the more I adore it, especially the first half - these short printed outfits and strict uniforms, they're all so wonderfully Balenciaga! Oh, and those slouchy boots really got me sold, Nicolas does them like no one. There just a few pieces I don't get, but still I think it's a really fantastic collection.

The Edition pieces, reissues of archival Cristobal creations tweaked for the twenty-first century, are the perfect metaphor for the house's backward-forward approach this season. The highlight was a sari-like column gown circa 1961 in a particular shade of grass green. It apparently took Ghesquière several years of research to locate that number, and the effort paid dividends—A-list redhead Nicole Kidman should call dibs stat.
Style.com should not be allowed to taunt us with these descriptions if they're not going to show photos!:innocent:

Huh. All I can think is 70s show. I'm so sure I saw some of this in That 70s shows.

Style.com should not be allowed to taunt us with these descriptions if they're not going to show photos!:innocent:

I second that. Are we 100% sure that this is the whole collection?

The last few of #26 and those on #27 is not bad
I always like to see the insipiration of the designers, how they transform into their collection. I dont think Resort collection is the strength of Balenciaga.
Some designers always have better resort than the runway collection. But I'm enjoying what he did and want to see the collection in real, becoz the materials are always amusing

I really, really like those shoes and both the retro and futuristic shapes and silhouettes, but :( to the patterned fabrics - that looks like the kinda stuff that an unhip relative wears and if a kid is riding in the car with said relative, s/he ducks down when they pass by a group of friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->