Balenciaga S/S 2012: Juliane, Kirstin, Laura & Rosie by Steven Meisel

.....and the nightmare continues.:ninja:

For me the worst advertising images for a major brand, that I can remember in a long time.

Sure at first glance its not the prettiest ad, but I do find it fitting with the theme of the collection.

Young socialite meets her crack dealer's apartment...

this is the worst campaign so far..everything is awful, from the cast, concept to the hair style..i expected so much more, just 'cause it was one of my favorite show this season, i think clothes is amazing but this campaign,models and meisel absolutely ruin it..so sad..for the upcoming season they need to think to change everything..maybe it sounds rude but i'm sick of meisel and his aesthetics, it doesnt work to me anymore..i wanna see I&V, Testino, M&M or Sims for this brand next time..
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer the first shot (which was dreadful enough) to the new ones, tbqh. This is pure trash. I understand Meisel was trying to convey something in these ads- not too sure what- but in the end it just ended up looking lazy.

Whatever he was inspired by, I feel he could have done more to project that idea.

Ads are supposed to be aspirational, or at the very least whimsical.
This debacle is just confusing. Who associates Balenciaga (one of the most expensive, high-end brands) with disheveled possibly inebriated teenagers?

Well, at least this is not "playing it safe" (compared to last season). And it gets your attention (if only to ask: why oh why). The visual compositions are ok, but overall it does look hipster-cute with a biggish budget.
On another note, will heroin-chic be makeing a comeback now?

I like this campaign very much. Especially the rooms.

so far i only like Laura K's pictures, the other girl is just way too bland..
nice to see there is a more interesting setting and some kind of storyline implied

also, i think that you guys shouldn't blame Meisel (or any photographer) if you don't like a campaign,
i mean just look at Prada, LV and Balenciaga that were all shot by Meisel but they're totally different, each brand has its own concept

Wtf... :ninja: man this turn out to be a whole lot different than what I thought...

i like the new one.
his is the strangest ad ever...what a love/hate relation i have with it...

the new one is better but still not liking it..

this is the worst meisel campaign so far this season with also the weakest casting (even though i haven't seen juliane and kirstins shots yet, the casting is just to young, unexperienced to sell this dull campaign).

And yes we should blame meisel, prada and lv are much better and so is rc even if it was only for the casting. Maybe balenciaga is tight on budget, spend it's money on meisel and decided to go with a low budget campaign with newbies.

when i look @ the new one, i can see balenciaga by ghesquiere nonchalance around 2000, with ann catherine and roos.

ahahah from corinne day to m+m & i+v ... troubled. but that's in what ghesquiere grow.
probably a bit of another casting would be better. i don't know. but now i can totaly see where they stand.

the first one is the best shot of this campaign so far... this model's face though is just so irritating to look at

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->