Bally S/S 2012 : Julia Stegner & Miranda Kerr by Norman Jean Roy

Reaction score
bally01.jpg

SWISS BLISS: The hills are alive for Bally, which decamped to Gstaad for its spring ad campaign shot by Norman Jean Roy under the creative direction of Ronnie Cooke Newhouse and Stephen Wolstenholme. Miranda Kerr and Julia Stegner are pictured feeding goats, gazing through binoculars at snow-capped mountains, and whooping it up al fresco with fellow models Cedric Bihr and Robert Konjic.

“This season, we wanted to move outside the studio and embrace the roots of the brand. That’s important to the Bally customer and important to us,” said Michael Herz, Bally’s co-creative director. “We’d already introduced the goat as an emblem for the brand, and having them there felt right. We wanted the images to feel charming and make you smile.”

Herz and Graeme Fidler are co-creative directors, and joined the company in March 2010.

The color campaign was shot in the early October sunshine at the Gstaad Palace Hotel, and showcases the men’s and women’s ready-to-wear and accessories. It will break in the January issue of L’Uomo Vogue, and then in the February issues of titles including British Vogue, American Vogue, W, Vanity Fair and in the British and American editions of GQ.
wwd

I really wanna see the image of them feeding the goats.
Overall, I like this. Not my cup of tea, but the overall image itself is very clean and lovely.

Nice! I like the model cast and the "swissness" of the campaign :lol: I want to see the goat-feeding image, too. It sounds awesome, haha.

So the shoot they did with Edward Enninful was for this not for W. Good to see both girls but this not the most exciting campaign ever. I hope the rest of the images showcase more of the setting.

here are the rest.

wwd

i think there's a very postcard feel to these ads, much like the D&G campaigns. shot on location yeah but it feels very contrived somehow. the backdrop looks so fake! but overall its all very pretty. lovely clothes too.

great clothes, same about the boring ads. the fake backdrop, the plastered smiles on their faces and the animals. it looks like brochure to visit a resort/moutain holiday :doh:

It is meh but that is not necessarily a negative thing, the best thing about the images are the (perhaps fake) mountains in the background and the animals (I was looking forward to seeing the goat too). I see handbags, shoes, mountains, a pleasant atmosphere and the Bally label, and I don't know if they need much more than that to make an impression on someone thumbing through a magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
great clothes, same about the boring ads. the fake backdrop, the plastered smiles on their faces and the animals. it looks like brochure to visit a resort/moutain holiday :doh:

TBH I think that might be the intention of this. Swiss tourism and the economy (especially Swiss luxury goods export) has really stagnated since the Swiss Franc has been so strong, we can use any kind of advertising for our mountains :lol:

Personally I think the images with the animals are adorable but I agree that it all looks very contrived and fake, but in a very charming and cheesy over-the-top kind of way, haha.

I think it's gorgeous, in that too good to be true sort of way. Models look stunning and these pictures sell luxury like it's nobody's business.

this is really lovely! I like the colors, amazing background and also models, especially Miranda- she looks absolutely adorable.. her smile is the cutest^_^

Mirandar was so stunning, she's so bright and shine.

That campaign in gorgeous, the Swiss background is towering irl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->