Biba

I think some Biba clothes are cute...I like the ones softgrey posted. :blush:

impossibleprincess, I guess you like Biba now especially since Sienna Miller is a big fan ^_^

twiggy in Vogue in the 60's wearing biba...
models wearing biba for the launch of the book...
a biba ad...
shots from the biba mail order catalog (rather pirate chic...no... :woot: :argg: :heart: ) ...

Attachments

• bibavogue1twiggy.jpg
    bibavogue1twiggy.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 89
  • bibabk.jpg
    bibabk.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 108
  • biba_sml.jpg
    biba_sml.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 57
  • bibakatalog1pic2.jpg
    bibakatalog1pic2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 79
are the biba bell sleeves elasticized? by that I mean are they bells and then the wrist is elasticized?

i think they are more often drawstring meg...and sometimes just loose(often cropped)

as well as the extra long cuffs...or ties...

Nice thread ImpossiblePrincess!

Gorgeous pics Softgrey...and thanks for the link to the Biba site, very cool stuff.

Br. Vogue September 2004 wrote 3 pages about the Biba superstore. :flower:

:cry: im so confused

does this brand still exist... can i buy... i hate it when i cant buy :cry:

softgrey said:
lena...here's another one you'll love...:wink:
:D
i so a-d-o-r-e BIBA and this topic.. great photos posted much appreciated :heart:

i own two biba 'empire line' dresses brought dirt cheap in jumble sales in London, shame they are dead small like size 6, so no good for me, but i keep them anyway, my fetich pieces :D

versace_goddess said:
:cry: im so confused

does this brand still exist... can i buy... i hate it when i cant buy :cry:
the brand doesnt exist goddess, if you are lucky you may find some pieces in vintage sites /boutiques and they come up quite expensive, most Biba pieces are in private collections and people just dont sell ..its a part of an era, the cream of the 70s chic :wink:

do you remember they relaunched the Biba name in around 1996? There was a shop in Covent Garden in London - but it was bad & closed not much longer afterwards.....the era had passed.

yes...i remember...
i was actually there...i was very excited about it as i had never been to the first one...

but it was very disappointing...:(

yes I was there too...I also thought it was rubbish.shame really. :(

do you remember they also tried to relaunch Biba magazine?

not really...i just remember the logo and the ads...
i really wanted to buy something there because i wanted a piece of history...but even a shop-a-holic like me couldn't find anything to buy...

Lena said:
the brand doesnt exist goddess, if you are lucky you may find some pieces in vintage sites /boutiques and they come up quite expensive, most Biba pieces are in private collections and people just dont sell ..its a part of an era, the cream of the 70s chic :wink:
do you know the names of some vintage sellers in london that might sell pieces from Biba? i've always wanted to actually see some clothing in reality, not just in magazines and books.
thanks for helping! :heart:

Lena said:
i own two biba 'empire line' dresses brought dirt cheap in jumble sales in London, shame they are dead small like size 6, so no good for me, but i keep them anyway, my fetich pieces :D
lena, you are very lucky.

what a nice topic. thanks for starting it and for the nice pics :flower:

ahh ..thanks Pradaesk and Liberty..
unfortunately i have no idea who may be stocking Biba in London or elsewhere.. maybe those vintage west end boutiques ?
well worth a web search...cause i'm positive there may be some pieces online
but beware of 'fakes' girls :wink:

Lena said:
ahh ..thanks Pradaesk and Liberty..
unfortunately i have no idea who may be stocking Biba in London or elsewhere.. maybe those vintage west end boutiques ?
well worth a web search...cause i'm positive there may be some pieces online
but beware of 'fakes' girls :wink:
any names of boutiques would be helpful!
thanks in advance!! :heart:

Great thread. I've been looking for Biba pictures, but have had miserable luck. Thanks impossibleprincess and softgrey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bettyb
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->