Bill Gaytten - Designer

tarsha

Reaction score
dior_homme_5501_north_320x480.jpg

Bill Gaytten has been named new creative director of John Galliano

Bill Gaytten has been appointed new artistic director John Galliano , the successor to the creator who left his post in April. This news was revealed on Friday night at the John Galliano fashion show spring-summer 2012 men , after which Bill Gaytten came in person to greet the end of the show. The new artistic director graduated from the Bartlett School of Architecture in London, worked with John Galliano at the studio of the brand for 23 years. He will head the lines of ready-to-wear for men, women and children of the brand and will present its first women's collection in September in Paris during the Fashion Week Spring-Summer 2012.

vogue.fr

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they interpreted something wrong...he lead the design team for this collection, but he's not appointed creative director officially. What's with all the talk of LVMH considering rehiring Galliano after the Summer then? All very confusing.

LVMH Chief Says Galliano Will Not Return

Bernard Arnault, the chairman of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, said Saturday that John Galliano would not be working again for any of the luxury group’s brands, including the Galliano label. Mr. Arnault disputed comments made Friday that there had been informal conversations among LVMH executives about the feasibility of Mr. Galliano’s returning to his label at some point and what the media and public reaction might be.

“He will not be working for LVMH,” Mr. Arnault said after the Dior Homme show in Paris. Mr. Arnault added that after Mr. Galliano’s arrest and dismissal from Dior for anti-Semitic statements, “he didn’t have the simple politeness to contact me.”

Meanwhile, the Galliano company announced that Bill Gaytten, a longtime member of its design team, would become creative director of Galliano. Mr. Gaytten, who is also part of the Dior studio, oversaw the spring men’s collection, presented on Friday night, and took the bow on the runway.

nytimes

:(
his collection seemed like a watered down Galliano
I was missing the excitement and ability to imagine

If John doesn't return to his own line, the brand will sink, I mean, just look at the men's show, it was a disaster, and I think many of us including myself won't buy it anymore. Besides he's way too talented and I think he would found a new fashion house, so I think Mr.Arnault may have to think twice and reconsider hiring him again.

this really seems like a personal issue for bernard arnault...

^ I don´t know if they can do that, but would be the best. The people who only knows Galliano because of the scandal, will allways identify the brand with everything negative that happened; and people who did know Galliano, will not accept something not made by John or with an inferior quality.

At first, I thought it was terrible that John was left, somehow, without name. But now I think is the best thing that could have happened to him. "John Galliano" is a problem, and is LVMH who owns this problem, and don't think Bill Gaytten (or any other) is the solution.

The first collection of Gayten was very ugly,
the sense that the master hands did not cut and imagined that pieces
was so clearly...

Or maybe this is a LVMH tactic to sink the label.

That kinda sucks. There goes the Galliano brand.

I'm getting confused with all these new threads. Can the mods please merge them with the other Galliano thread?

I pray to God that JG will one day be able to use his own name to design for his own brand. That is if LVMH doesn't wreck his good name, which is what a lot of corporations have done to designers in the past.

Well, stating the obvious - this is not going to be great. So what is the point?

Humiliation of the brand somehow? I was thinking about when this sort of thing happened before - and I can't really think of one case. Halston is similar somehow, but he sold out to JC Penney and stopped making fashion. He did it all to himself....

I wish they could come to terms, he could find other investors to buy Galliano, move it off LVHM and move on.

I pray to God that JG will one day be able to use his own name to design for his own brand. That is if LVMH doesn't wreck his good name, which is what a lot of corporations have done to designers in the past.

Maybe i'm just being cynical, but it really feels like that's the intended path.

as previously noted, it does seem like Arnault is taking this a little too personally.

LVMH bought the Ines de La Fressange name and she went through a brutal court trial and lost, that's the reason why her career as a designer just stopped. John has the same fate and will always be working for someone else, unless he designs for a new brand name but not using his real name he can still work for himself.

I can feel the hate of Arnault, too. It is more horrible that the words that Galliano said.

Maybe i'm just being cynical, but it really feels like that's the intended path.

as previously noted, it does seem like Arnault is taking this a little too personally.

LVMH bought the Ines de La Fressange name and she went through a brutal court trial and lost, that's the reason why her career as a designer just stopped. John has the same fate and will always be working for someone else, unless he designs for a new brand name but not using his real name he can still work for himself.

this is so sad, but most likely. hopefully we will see his work somewhere else soon, even though i can't imagine which fashion house would hire him now...

Can he create a new brand?
I mean another one called, for example, JOHN by John Galliano
Or LVMH has brought even his personal signature?
so he could create something like JOHN by you-know-who

Has he got loyal workers?
that would let Galliano ateliers and will go to work with him
starting from zero.

It would be nice see few but wonderfull collections from him.
it would be healtly for him and for the couture spirit.

I just can notice that nobody talks details about the scandal,
where are the workers who had the privilege of work with him?
why there is not major gossip?
what things LVMH hides?
why there is a sepulcral silence about it?
because LVMH makes collections
like there nothing happened,
and really if they has respect from the people
they should burn all the pieces that Galliano created
after all,
they didnt doubt about Galliano guilty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauras