John Galliano Resort 2013

fierceboi

Reaction score
Resort marks a new direction for the house of John Galliano. Creative director Bill Gaytten has embarked on a more contemporary image, one that this season is inspired by actresses Dakota and Elle Fanning and their easy femininity combined with a West Coast cool vibe. A candy-colored pastel spray print appeared on a little cropped jacket paired with a full skirt, as well as a pleated long dress over pants. Painterly black-and-white vertical stripes were worked on flowing pantsuits, while Fifties prom dresses inspired a group of taffetas tops and shirtdresses cut loose for a younger look.

WWD

Attachments

• john-galliano01.jpg
    john-galliano01.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 17
  • john-galliano04.jpg
    john-galliano04.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 17
  • john-galliano09.jpg
    john-galliano09.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 11
  • john-galliano10.jpg
    john-galliano10.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 18
  • john-galliano16.jpg
    john-galliano16.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 10
  • john-galliano02.jpg
    john-galliano02.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 9
  • john-galliano05.jpg
    john-galliano05.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 9
  • john-galliano19.jpg
    john-galliano19.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 18
  • john-galliano20.jpg
    john-galliano20.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 11
  • john-galliano22.jpg
    john-galliano22.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 10
This is sooooooo not Galliano, shame on u Bill.

This is sooooooo not Galliano, shame on u Bill.

My exact sentiments. No one can do Galliano like Galliano but Bill hasn't even captured the spirit of the brand. This has more in common with Thakoon imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
My exact sentiments. No one can do Galliano like Galliano but Bill hasn't even captured the spirit of the brand. This has more in common with Thakoon imo.

Preach!! i mean i just cannot understand how Sarah Burton has managed to keep the essence of such an intense aesthetic like A.M, yet Bill seems to go further and further away, with every passing season, of the brands heritage...this could easily pass off as a Chloe difussion line or some ****ty colaboration with Sears :lol:

lololololol epic fail

does he not bother to look in Galliano archives?

It's not just that this looks nothing like Galliano used to look, it's also just all ugly as hell. That ballooned pleather skirt... seriously? And that first ensemble, that's possibly one of the ugliest prints and most unflattering shapes I've ever seen. The yellow maxi dress looks like it could only be worn by someone that has the body of an 8-year old boy since even the very flat-chested model looks like she can't breathe in it. The only look I find decent here is the mint green playsuit with the matching sandals, although I don't think the way it's wrinkled looks all that flattering either.

Just give the man the rights to his own name back. Who's going to buy this now?

omg this is a disaster... Well Anna met John the other day, hope it is a good sign..

Such a a sad work.
Giving Galliano to Gaytten hands is the reveange of LVMH against John. It's cruel.

complete crap. not even a centimeter worth of good here...

I feel like I'm getting punked I mean even the hair and the make up wtf is that seriously

It does not have the Galliano spirit but overall I like it as a resort collection. There are a few looks that I don't care for but for the most part I like the prints, the color palette and the relaxed vibe.

Ok, they have made their point. They hate Galliano to the point that they will pay good money for putting out crap with his name on it, continuously smearing his name.

Nice work, there.

I don't get if Bill was friend or enemy of Galliano, cause he destryed the two brands! :lol:

:( This is just SAD!

I pray that Anna Wintour encouraged John Galliano to make a comeback at their recent dinner.

Overcomplicated sportswear.

What was the actual dynamic between him and Galliano? It's difficult to discern any solid connection between his point of view and what Galliano established both at his namesake and Dior. And that would be perfectly acceptable if what was now being designed for Galliano were equally strong.

I hope so to Heroin Chic, Anna is th eonly person that has style and power in this fashion industry now days it is terrible,this time h needs a comeback and do what he best can do and let's forget the insults

this makes me feel bad because it's so bad...
the brand identity is so completely lost, i wish they would just shutter the line and be done with it.

Overcomplicated sportswear.

What was the actual dynamic between him and Galliano? It's difficult to discern any solid connection between his point of view and what Galliano established both at his namesake and Dior. And that would be perfectly acceptable if what was now being designed for Galliano were equally strong.

Seriously, what did he do when Galliano was there? Not pay any attention?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimble
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->