John Galliano - Designer, Creative Director of Maison Margiela

I am still yet to understand why Galliano basically recreated a Dior piece from his tenure for Zendaya but with the Margiela brand? What's the game play here?

It's also low-key embarrassing that it's one of the most talked about dresses of the night whilst the actual Dior dresses made zero impact.

I am still yet to understand why Galliano basically recreated a Dior piece from his tenure for Zendaya but with the Margiela brand? What's the game play here?
i'm with you on the confusion. i can't tell if he's completely uninterested in going back to LVMH - and that's why he's been so quiet and anna & co have been doing all the strategic work - or he's hungry to go back to somewhere like dior? i really have no idea what's coming.

I wonder how much Renzo Rosso paid to have all those celebs in Margiela/ Marni /Diesel:
Kim Kardashian, Zendaya, Bad Bunny, Nicki Minaj, Rita Ora, Charlie XCX, Kylie Minogue...

Clearly OTB dominated the night...unlike LVMH, Kering or PUIG.
We all know that pleasing Anna Wintour is the top of his concern and the presence of both Francesco and John at those houses is solely because of Anna.

Anna will always show favoritism towards John so, marketing budget well spent!

But does Kim still gets invited by a brand or is she paying for a ticket and gets to choose who to work with? Zendaya was a co-chair so she is invited by Vogue and marketing budget was spent to design the piece.

KERING has been out of the game for a moment now right? They weren’t part of the Met last year. LVMH only had Loewe is full representation this year.

And PUIG can’t possibly be that present.

I think however that Anna should delay the John Galliano exhibition to at least 2 years because it would be too much IMO.

And TBH, I think it’s a pity that his work for Margiela Artisanal is just a recreation of his past because it would totally reduce the impact of his tenure in a new exhibition.
If All Margiela by Galliano is just Galliano doing Galliano at JG, Givenchy or Dior, then it would be irrelevant to include his Margiela work in a exhibition.

And I find it so telling that people are coming to him to ask him to redo old Designs.

I Guess, the next stage for Anna in her campaign would be to get John the Lifetime Achievement Award at the CFDA and Fashion Awards lol

And TBH, I think it’s a pity that his work for Margiela Artisanal is just a recreation of his past because it would totally reduce the impact of his tenure in a new exhibition.
If All Margiela by Galliano is just Galliano doing Galliano at JG, Givenchy or Dior, then it would be irrelevant to include his Margiela work in a exhibition.
It is even more irrelevant to include all his "inspired" by greats of the past work without credits and call him genius after that. What were all those direct copies of Lanvin, Poiret etc doing at Dior exhibitions

i think john should just go to Chanel. Only place he could flourish other than his namesake. No matter what they show with the Chanel tag on, it will sell. And they could actually afford the luxurious fabrics galliano used at dior. yes im looking at you cheap fabrics from zendayas look.

i think john should just go to Chanel. Only place he could flourish other than his namesake. No matter what they show with the Chanel tag on, it will sell.
no thanks. chanel is where creativity goes to die lmao. gabrielle may have been the most revolutionary designer of the twentieth-century but her house is one of the most creatively bankrupt and uninspired operations the modern fashion industry has ever seen. tweed upon tweed upon tweed

It is even more irrelevant to include all his "inspired" by greats of the past work without credits and call him genius after that. What were all those direct copies of Lanvin, Poiret etc doing at Dior exhibitions
But at the same time, you got to be a genius to be able to copy those greats, match their technicality and manage to create your own aesthetic with those very different aesthetic.

However, I would say that I’m much more enthusiastic when John does progressive designs than when he does his usual things because, it’s so vintage infused, that it’s so hard for me to past the original things. When he does Poiret, it’s sooooooooo Poiret. Not inspired but literally 1920’s on the runway.

who said he will do chanel in chanel? if he gets in at all, its because he is galliano and that comes with all the fantasy. their couture clients are some of the tackiest people and im sure theyd go crazy if he presented that artisanal collection under the chanel brand.

I saw a TikTok video about the initial Met Gala theme to be a tribute to Galliano’s body of work….but got replaced by the Garden of Time to avoid drama/scandals in the actual context with the antisemitic slurs from Galliano years ago… and the current state of the world.
So Anna, somehow, made sure to give him a lot of exposure instead of having him as the theme of the exhibition !

I dont think john can do chanel. Chanel would never do tall platforms and a corset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->