Bob Dylan Tries to Halt Factory Girl Movie

Karma to Mellowdrama and SiennaInLondon! Great opinions!! And about the whole Intelligence vs Beauty debate, are you for real? It's a blasphemy to put them together in the same sentence. Worshiping beauty and fame is our society's biggest problem, is the reason why we have reality series and endless idiocy. What beauty can do? the contribution to society? Because as far as i know we don't talk on cell phones, have internet, cure cancer, have cars and even alarm clocks because of the modelling society, or am i mistaken?

Last edited by a moderator:
FashionJunkie said:
What beauty can do? the contribution to society?

Practically everything in the world is touched by beauty, in some way or another. I believe that without beauty the world would be a terrible and depressing place.

The beauty of seeing the ocean crash onto the rocks during a thunderstorm has brought tears to my eyes.....an alarm clock rarely does that (unless it doesn't go off and causes me to be late for work :lol: ). And I feel that even a beautiful face is something to be admired-- how such features as eyes, nose, mouth, skin, hair, etc. can come together in a manner that is aesthetically pleasing.

I fear a world without beauty... :heart:

^ You see it in a "poetic" way:flower: , which is good, but practically without beauty we would be fine. Fashion is nice, i love fashion (obviously because i'm here), but it's not something essential. People paying attention to beauty and to fashion (and to money) more than what? education maybe? is the reason we have world hunger, wars, poverty and everything else (wrong) with today's society. You may think i take it too far, but i'm not, it's the truth. Maybe being cynical is not bad after all...

FashionJunkie said:
People paying attention to beauty and to fashion (and to money) more than what? education maybe? is the reason we have world hunger, wars, poverty and everything else (wrong) with today's society. You may think i take it too far, but i'm not, it's the truth. Maybe being cynical is not bad after all...

Eh....I don't think paying too much attention to beauty is the cause of today's problems. Money, of course has its hand in things, but not beauty...

We can agree to disagree :lol: :flower:

VainJane said:
Practically everything in the world is touched by beauty, in some way or another. I believe that without beauty the world would be a terrible and depressing place.

The beauty of seeing the ocean crash onto the rocks during a thunderstorm has brought tears to my eyes.....an alarm clock rarely does that (unless it doesn't go off and causes me to be late for work :lol: ). And I feel that even a beautiful face is something to be admired-- how such features as eyes, nose, mouth, skin, hair, etc. can come together in a manner that is aesthetically pleasing.

I fear a world without beauty... :heart:

But the definition of beauty we were discussing was quite limited. It was purely physical beauty. I am not sure you mean to use the word 'admired' when you talk about a beautiful face. I think you mean awe-struck. But that is different. Beauty can be more than that, it can be an act of kindness or whatever. But sticking to purely physical terms, beauty can inspire, but it is not the inspired act in itself.

But more pertinently, I read in some broadsheet I found on the tube yesterday (Sunday Times I think) that Edie Sedgewick's brother has indeed come out and said the stuff posted on the previous page. They also quoted Dylan from 1985 saying "I knew her, she was a great girl..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaffir124
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->