Brie Larson

Oh, I love her! Ever since The United States of Tara. I'm glad she finally got a lead role; I can't wait to see Short Term 12. There have been raves across the board. I think her style is pretty cool. She gets it right from time to time (some sporadic misses). I do love that she doesn't seem to wear a lot of makeup; I find that refreshing. The look she wore to the screening in Hollywood is probably my favourite, as well as the suit she wore to another screening. I like that she wears flats occasionally.

Brie Larson attends the 'Short Term 12' premiere at The Museum of Modern Art on August 18, 2013 in New York City.
Brie+Larson+Short+Term+12+Premieres+NYC+-Qy5htCy46Ll.jpg

Actress Brie Larson visits the SiriusXM Studios on August 15, 2013 in New York City.
Brie+Larson+Celebs+Stop+SiriusXM+Studios+9Y8ikOTpn4pl.jpg

Actress Brie Larson attends 'Short Term' photocall during the 66th Locarno Film Festival on August 11, 2013 in Locarno, Switzerland.
Brie+Larson+Short+Term+Photocall+66th+Locarno+VzAGU_zxKSxl.jpg

Actress Brie Larson attends a photocall during the 66th Locarno Film Festival on August 10, 2013 in Locarno, Switzerland.
Brie+Larson+66th+Locarno+Film+Festival+August+cuaK6kUX9_rl.jpg
Brie+Larson+66th+Locarno+Film+Festival+August+wbiwYYZA36ol.jpg

Actress Brie Larson attends The Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences's Sneak Preview Screening Of 'Short Term 12' at Linwood Dunn Theater at the Pickford Center for Motion Study on August 7, 2013 in Hollywood, California.
Brie+Larson+Short+Term+12+Screening+Hollywood+sW1dnZj1NgSl.jpg

Actress Brie Larson attends the screening of A24's "The Spectacular Now" at the Vista Theatre on July 30, 2013 in Los Angeles, California.
Brie+Larson+Screening+A24+Spectacular+Now+Z5PN6XzCHjfl.jpg

Actress Brie Larson attends AMPAS And Rooftop Films Special Screening Of 'Short Term 12' at Old American Can Factory on July 20, 2013 in New York City.
Brie+Larson+Short+Term+12+Screening+Comic+8bqygps1Mr9l.jpg

Actress Brie Larson attends the "Short Term 12" New York special screening at Dolby 88 Theater on July 16, 2013 in New York City.
Brie+Larson+Short+Term+12+Screening+NYC+qplem21edPRl.jpg

Brie Larson, 2013 Maui Film Festival Rising Star Award Recipient attends the 2013 Maui Film Festival at Wailea on June 16, 2013 in Wailea, Hawaii.
Brie+Larson+Closing+Night+Maui+Film+Festival+Ytz7sV2jcXSl.jpg

Actress Brie Larson arrives at the premiere of Cinedigm's 'Short Term 12' during the 2013 Los Angeles Film Festival at Regal Cinemas L.A. Live on June 14, 2013 in Los Angeles, California.
Brie+Larson+Short+Term+12+Premieres+LA+0vK4jKPNeZel.jpg

(L-R) Actor Keith Stanfield actress Kaitlyn Dever and actress Brie Larson, who acted in the film "Short Term 12" celebrate after winning the Grand Jury Award for Narrative Feature at the 2013 SXSW Film Awards during the 2013 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival at The Paramount Theatre on March 12, 2013 in Austin, Texas.
Brie+Larson+2013+SXSW+Film+Awards+w7S_BkB_nWRl.jpg

Brie+Larson+2013+SXSW+Film+Awards+8JczXpcesePl.jpg

Actress Brie Larson arrives to the screening of "Don Jon's Addiction" during the 2013 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival at the Paramount Theatre on March 11, 2013 in Austin, Texas.
Brie+Larson+Red+Carpet+Arrivals+Don+Jon+Screening+tEF_3BqaPMrl.jpg

Actress Brie Larson attends the Art of Elysium's 6th Annual Black-tie Gala "Heaven" at 2nd Street Tunnel on January 12, 2013 in Los Angeles, California.
Brie+Larson+Art+Elysium+6th+Annual+Black+tie+UcUfaOelpfOl.jpg

zimbio

she was awesome on CONAN and even better on the teamcoco podcast...

Gothan Film Awards
shailene_woodley_brie_larson_gotham_film_awards.jpg

I generally don't like brown on the red carpet, but I do like this!
EDIT: does anyone know when Short Term 12 comes out in Australia? I'm really looking forward to it!

Last edited by a moderator:
She's definitely a revelation in Short Term 12 and I'm glad we get the chance to see more of her. Especially since she has a very interesting style.

Brie Larson hits the red carpet at the 2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards held at Barker Hanger on Thursday (January 16) in Santa Monica, Calif. Wearing Escada.
:heart:

justjared

She's definitely a revelation in Short Term 12

Yes, I'm pretty obsessed with her after seeing it, she's one hell of an actress.

And I agree with you LolaSvelt, I love her minimal makeup routine, she's so stunning and hardly has a need for it.

I hope to see a lot more of her in the coming years.

She was also in United States of Tara playing a really sassy character :Pink:

Nice to see her included here, looking gorgeous:

Vanity Fair March 2014 : Hollywood Issue by Annie Leibovitz

vanityfair.com

I feel like it's been awhile since I've seen someone where Margiela, and I love their new designer, so good for her for taking a risk. She looks beautiful, as always.

I know that Cate Blanchett wore something from the most recent spring collection. And Miley Cyrus in a similar look to Larson's.

I'm really in love with this look. Her stylist (or her) did a great job with the accessories. Definitely the best she has ever looked. Here she is in a Louis Vuitton cape and dress last month:
Actress Brie Larson attends the 29th Santa Barbara International Film Festival Virtuosos Award to Daniel Bruhl, Michael B. Jordan, Brie Larson, Jared Leto and June Squibbon at the Arlington Theatre on February 4, 2014 in Santa Barbara, California.
Brie+Larson+Stars+Santa+Barbara+International+xSQd_zAeq0Ux.jpg

Brie+Larson+Stars+Santa+Barbara+International+vjDiMCHxkdjx.jpg

Actress Brie Larson attends the premiere of 'The LEGO Movie' at Regency Village Theatre on February 1, 2014 in Westwood, California.
Brie+Larson+Premiere+LEGO+Movie+Arrivals+3w8nYsR0nH2x.jpg

zimbio

( Oh god I wrote where instead of wear :doh: )

Thanks Lola, Cate looks fantastic in Margiela indeed, Miley's irrelevant to me.

I agree, this is her best look ever. Judging by this thread it seems she's experimenting around with all sorts of looks, which I think is to expected of a star on the rise, it will be interesting to see how her style develops. I hope her stylist doesn't go the typical Chanel, Proenza, Dior, etc. route with her, keep putting her in less used (in comparison) designers, I think she could pull some off some very avant garde looks.

Wearing custom Miu Miu! You go, girl!
Actress Brie Larson attends the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscar Party hosted by Graydon Carter on March 2, 2014 in West Hollywood, California.
EL4V7Yp.jpg

wireimage

Casting news, I know the book is supposed to be fantastic, guess I better read it.

Brie Larson to star in Emma Donoghue's 'Room'
Brie Larson (Short Term 12) is set to star as Ma in the adaptation of Emma Donoghue‘s 2010 best-seller Room about a kidnapped woman living in captivity with her 5-year-old son. Donohue wrote the script for director Lenny Abrahamson (What Richard Did, Frank). Lisa Schwarzbaum gave the book an A- and wrote: “Though the story’s chilling circumstances reflect the horrors endured by tabloid-famous abductees, Donoghue avoids all sensationalism. Instead, she gracefully distills what it means to be a mother — and what it’s like for a child whose entire world measures just 11 x 11.”

ew.com

:shock::sick:

The Miu Miu/Prada girls were the worst dressed last night, with the exception of Adele Exarchopoulos who looked flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmvecino
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->