Brigitte Bardot #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her outfits look gorgeous thank you :heart: 1950s fashion was so flattering for women's bodies !

As for the painting I don't know..somehow I thought it was Van Dongen but I was wrong. By the way, here are the two paintings he made of Brigitte:

http://i41.***********/u/f41/11/11/02/14/img_0010.jpg
maisonarts.forumgratuit.org

http://i41.***********/u/f41/11/11/02/14/23910.jpg

catalogue drouot

The picture with flowers in her hair is from the movie "Les Grandes Manoeuvres" if I remember well :wink:

Pictures of blonde BB in the 1950s, from Bellazon :

Attachments

• 1z3cncz.jpg
    1z3cncz.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 3
  • bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Brigitte Bardot.jpg
    Brigitte Bardot.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 231biz9.jpg
    231biz9.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Bez_tytu__u90.jpg
    Bez_tytu__u90.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 3
  • (32).jpg
    (32).jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 2
  • r.jpg
    r.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 215_001.jpg
    215_001.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 4
gorgeous pictures everyone! :heart:

more BB..

ebay.com, seattle-washington-archive
418dimg10000209aseattle.jpg
418dimg10000216aseattle.jpg

What an amazing pic-stream! :woot::heart: For some reason, I'm really digging blonde BB once more, especially in her early incarnation... that's what happens from editing 100+ screen-caps of Le Mepris and Night Heaven Fell that... sigh... I still haven't finished cleaning up.

Oh well... anything that gives me a better appreciation of Brigitte is to be delighted by. :blush: And Lady Stardust, you make me *really* want to put up screen-caps from Contempt. I need to finish Bride is Too Beautiful first though...!

And Ciel, thank you for tracking down those two other beautiful portraits! I suppose it's no surprise that she inspired so much art in her day, although I have to admit to liking the first portrait better than the second one! (Seriously, the second one doesn't even evoke her to me in the least... although the first one captures her in all her radiant gamine beauty.) I even remember seeing a short news-clip on BB mania on Youtube that showed her sitting down for that portrait painting... agh, if only I could track it down now! It's lost somewhere in my book-marks, sadly. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Outfits from Bride is Too Beautiful, Part III

And onwards we go! For while "The Bride is Too Beautiful" is a very light little trifle of a movie, we do get the pleasure of seeing BB in a lot of fantastic clothes at the height of late '50s Parisian fashion. Here are a few more outfits she wears throughout:

Betty Draper, eat your heart out. I only wish this gorgeous truffle of a dress was in color! The pattern alone looks fantastic, though.

A mock cover featuring her and her "modeling partner"-- who naturally falls in love with her later! It's funny that he's played by one of the bad-guy shmucks in one of BB's earliest movies, Manina. Poor guy never gets the girl! :lol:

And you might find her china-print dress familiar... she later wore it to quite a number of occasion out! I love the Asian influence... check out the print and the high, almost mandarin-like collar!

Another fantastic cover. Watch BB smoulder! If anyone has a larger version of this, I BEG you to put it up!

She can even make hoovering seem chic! What a gal!

BB did a number of classic publicity shots wearing this strangely stripey get-up. Anyone got them on hand...? I can't seem to find them now...

As a traveling couple. Her buttoned-up look reminds me of her at the start of Plucking the Daisy, actually!

Classic mid-century upper-crust style. The gloves complete the look... although the diamond doesn't hurt!

This just screams moneyed elegance, and I love the bow-tie necklace and fur.

...More to come soon! I'll try to wrap this sucker up in... eh... two more posts?

I have an urgent request, if anyone could please help! Can anyone post up that black-and-white photo of BB wearing her dark-green suit from Doctor at Sea? I want to put it up on... er... another place, but I've misplaced the photo!

It's this outfit:

do you mean this one (first one I uploaded)?

Her outfits are utterly cute in "The Bride is Too Beautiful". Very figure-hugging too :brows: thank you for the caps :D

all pics from bellazon

Attachments

• bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 6
  • bbbride.jpg
    bbbride.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 6
  • bblevin (4).jpg
    bblevin (4).jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 6
  • bblevin.jpg
    bblevin.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 6
  • bblevin (2).jpg
    bblevin (2).jpg
    22 KB · Views: 7
  • bbb.JPG
    bbb.JPG
    282 KB · Views: 7
  • bblevin (3).jpg
    bblevin (3).jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 6
Great pics as always!! :flower::heart:

I found it yesterday:
Cinelandia248_BB%2B001.jpg

Cinel%25C3%25A2ndia_248_BB2%2B001.jpg

thetarnishedangels.blogspot

The translation for this is "Why does BB cry?" The article says "Viva Maria" is the most difficult movie that Brigitte has ever done. She didn't like all the gossip about her and Jeanne during the filming and had to work really hard in the hot weather, running and climbing mountains. That's why she's been crying...
I don't remember much about this episode in her book, but I remember that Brigitte X Jeanne sort of thing. :ninja:

I also have a question for you guys...you may know because you know everything about our muse BB.:heart::D

Don't you know anything about Brigitte Bardot and Romy Schneider? Is there any photo or something about them together? I mean, Romy was a great star as Brigitte and these two are my muses. Thanks for the help! :flower:

I think there's a picture of them in the 70s, but it's a pap picture and we can barely see them. They knew each other and got along very well. Brigitte liked Romy very much and she was deeply saddened by her death :(

I think there's a picture of them in the 70s, but it's a pap picture and we can barely see them. They knew each other and got along very well. Brigitte liked Romy very much and she was deeply saddened by her death :(

Thank you very much Ciel!! :flower:
That's really sad... I wish I could see it. I would really like it :heart: I can't give you a karma anyway :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->