Buenos Aires Shopping

Chick-Nix

Reaction score
My friend is going there and I would like to know can she easily buy me a fake designer bag?!?!?!?!

Chick-Nix said:
My friend is going there and I would like to know can she easily buy me a fake designer bag?!?!?!?!

No. They do not really carry fake designer bags because people there make such nice, inexpensive leather bags. I bought a high end boutique bag for $200 but most bags runs about $30-40.

im from argentina...and we dont make fake disigner bags..u can buy great original leather bags!

She should go to Palermo

palermo soho ...great fashion shops
La Cañitas
Patio Bulrrich
Palermo Shopping
Paseo Alcorta shopping

i was born in buenos aires. there is no industry for fake bags in argentina, but really good quality leather bags, that are usually cheap comparing prices. lazaro may be one of the biggest brands, with really nice, classy designs.

good places to shop:

patio bullrich: my favourite. lovely, pleasant atmosphere with lots of different shops to fulfill every need. international brands mainly. shopping mall with dinning areas, cinemas and so on... you may have a look here: http://www.shoppingbullrich.com.ar/

solar de la abadia
paseo alcorta
galerias pacifico
alto avellaneda
alto palermo
boulevard shopping

here is some more info i could find on the net:

allaboutar.com/shopping
Buenos Aires Shopping Guide

Each one of the neighborhoods in Buenos Aires presents the visitor with an great variety of boutiques, galleries, and antique shops. When European quality goods are offered at South American prices there deals that are not to be passed up.

For the best values in antiques and fine goods, peruse the merchandise in the many reputable antique shops that border the San Telmo market. Examples of great purchases include antique crystal chandeliers and top-quality suede jacket with nutria collar for 2 to 3 times cheaper prices.

Recoleta:
Recoleta is the city's most expensive neighborhood and the shopping that is offered in Recoleta is highly upscale. This is one of the few areas that has maintained significant prices even after the fall of the Argentine economy. All the goods there are European quality, with many of the stores actually selling you European made clothing and shoes.

In the Recoleta Plaza Francia there is a handicraft market every weekend. You can also see the street artists and the shows they perform solely for the price of voluntary tips.

The styllish
Patio Bullrich right accoss from the luxurious Caesar Park Hotel is a delight for both shopping and sightseeing. Many stores are very nicely decorated, and the prices are not that outrageous for tourists converting from other currencies.

Buenos Aires Design(Avenida Pueyrredon 2501) is an upscale shopping mall entirely devoted to interior design. A great number of quality goods for the home are available at very reasonable prices at this centrally located shopping center.

San Telmo:
The weekend Flea Market in San Telmo offers leisurely people-watching and shopping to any visitor. There is also one of the best Antique Fairs in the world at the Plaza Dorrego every Saturday and Sunday. Many of the old homes in the neighborhood have been converted to great antique shops that offer many very intersting and unique articles.

El Centro:
The Avenue Florida is the biggest shopping street in Buenos Aires lined with clothing, sporting goods, banks, electronics, gifts, cafes, and leather goods stores. The pedestrians-only street is also the home of some of the best bookstores in the city.

The Galerias Pacifico shopping center is a beautiful multi-level shopping center at the corner of Florida and Cordoba. The mall is quite upscale by Argentine standards having a number of beautiful murals at its center.

Avenue Santa Fe is the site of hundreds of shops which mainly sell gifts and clothes, but many other stores can be found there. Also, a number of cafes offer a break from the shopping frenzy.

Palermo:
The neighborhood offers wonderful boutiques that sell very creative items and gifts. The Paseo Alcorta shopping center has chic clothing stores for both sexes along with great cafes and a movie theater.

Alto Palermo Shopping Mall(Arenales 3360) is the biggest shopping centre in the city. Its daring architectural design, awarded by the International Council of Shopping Centers has a mirror-like exterior that reflects the buildings in Santa Fe Avenue and Coronel Diaz Street. Hundreds of shops, cafes, and a movie theater offer their services to thousands of customers.
Get the most from your vacation to Argentina.
Let the travel professionals at AR Tourism arrange the perfect vacation for you, while saving you money and eliminating the inconvenience of handling overseas arrangements.

http://cityguide.travel-guides.com/city/shopping.ehtml?o=23&NAV_guide_class=&NAV_City=

Buenos Aires is a shopper’s paradise – quite simply the best shopping city in the whole of Latin America. The range and quality of goods are excellent – and are even better value for visitors since devaluation. Shopping malls have sprung up all over the city and are usually found in old buildings. They are exquisite, air-conditioned, pleasant places to walk around, even if you don’t usually enjoy shopping. Two of the most exclusive malls are Galerias Pacifico, Calle Florida and Calle Córdoba, and Patio Bullrich, Avenida del Libertador 750 and Posadas 1245, which are brimming with boutiques of Argentine fashions and international labels. One of the best shopping streets for high-street fashions and leather goods is Calle Florida, a pedestrianised thoroughfare in the city centre. Palermo Viejo has been likened to New York’s Soho and is crammed with boutiques selling trendy fashion.

Argentina is renowned for its leather products and the goods on sale in the capital are of a particularly high standard. Shoes are an almost essential purchase. Welcome, at Calle Marcelo T de Alvear 500 and San Martin, is one of the oldest and most traditional stores for leather. Dalla Fontana, Calle Reconquista 735, makes good quality made-to-measure leatherwear. Polo and horse-related items are much in demand, while native crafts and souvenirs are good buys. Mate, Argentina’s national drink, has a whole ritual surrounding its drinking, with a special vessel and straw. These make good presents, as does jewellery – especially silver. Tango CDs and records serve as a fitting reminder of a visit to Buenos Aires. Zival’s, Avenida Callao 395, offers a wide variety of CDs, books and videos. Other book and record stores are located around Avenida Corrientes. Wines are always a great buy, as is the odd tin of dulce de leche – a sweet sticky substance made by boiling sugar in vanilla-flavoured milk, available in supermarkets.

South American crafts and textiles can be found throughout the city and at Arte Etnico Argentino, El Salvador 4600, in Palermo Viejo. Artwork can be found throughout the city on sale in galleries, especially in Retiro and Recoleta, while paintings of La Boca are 10 a penny in that area. The best place to search for antiques and colonial paintings is at and around the Feria de San Pedro Telmo flea market at Plaza Dorrego, on Sundays. The Hippie Fair in front of the Centro Cultural Recoleta is a colourful place to browse for handicrafts, jewellery and artwork, all day Saturday and Sunday.

Shopping hours are Monday-Friday 0900-2000 and Saturday 0900-1300, although malls are generally open daily 1000-2200. Purchase tax or VAT, known as IVA (Impuesto de Valor Agregado), stands at 21% and is placed on everything with the exception of medicines and food. Tax-free shopping is available at many outlets in the city – visitors should look for the ‘Tax Free Shopping’ logo. On purchasing goods costing $70 or more, visitors can receive a Global Refund Cheque along with the invoice for the VAT refund. Before leaving Argentina, the cheques and the invoices should be presented at customs to get them validated by a customs stamp. The cheques can then be cashed at Global Cash Refund (website:
www.globalrefund.com) offices, located at the national and international airports and the Buquebus ferry terminal.

bump..
I have one.. possibly dumb doubt about Buenos Aires shopping: regarding high-end stores like Zara, are they ahead or slightly behind when it comes to the clothes they carry?, I mean, since it's summer over there right now.. are they selling their s/s 08 collection? or do they stick to the north and sell f/w 08.09? or maybe you guys get sneak peeks of s/s 09?. :unsure:
I tried to work this one out on my own, but just failed. :lol::wacko:

When I was in Buenos Aires I noticed Zara had different collections (it was Summer in Argentina and Winter in Europe). I love Buenos Aires, I can´t wait to come back, it´s one of the most beautiful and exciting cities I´ve never been too. I recommend Palermo Soho for shopping, great stuff and great people.
There´s one particular shop that carries skate and surfing brands that looks like a real house, with a bar on the down floor and the a room (a real one with a bed and so, all in velvet) and a dressing room full of stuff. I love that place. Such a pity I cant remember the name, but it´s in Palermo soho, maybe some Argentinian can help us. It´s really worth a visit.
I LOVE ARGENTINA!!!

I'm from BA!
the other day went to Prune and went crazzzzzy with all the bags.
they all cost around 500 pesos but worth it.
anyone else from BA?
thanx for the blogs!

You have several options and a huge variety to buy beautiful bags both national and international here in B.A.
I recommend Av. Alvear (Alvear Avenue) for international brands (stores like armani, kenzo, louis vuitton, ralph lauren, rochas, prada, cartier, valentino, hermes, escada, nina ricci, among others...)

i'm also from argentina, and yes, the best place for some serious shopping is palermo. they have the best known fashion houses from here and other alternative ones that have great stuff too.

Yes you have the shopping here are very good but no all have international brand the best in brad international is Patio Bulrich have Kenzo, Max Mara, Hugo Boss, Lacoste, Armani Exchange, Carolina Herrera.
And in the Av. Alvear have much house of interational disaigners
but im tell you need to go to Palermo Soho and watch a house of bags national from here very good the name in Jackie Smith

http://www.jackiesmith.com/

When I was in Buenos Aires I noticed Zara had different collections (it was Summer in Argentina and Winter in Europe). I love Buenos Aires, I can´t wait to come back, it´s one of the most beautiful and exciting cities I´ve never been too. I recommend Palermo Soho for shopping, great stuff and great people.
There´s one particular shop that carries skate and surfing brands that looks like a real house, with a bar on the down floor and the a room (a real one with a bed and so, all in velvet) and a dressing room full of stuff. I love that place. Such a pity I cant remember the name, but it´s in Palermo soho, maybe some Argentinian can help us. It´s really worth a visit.
I LOVE ARGENTINA!!!

hehehe you talk about Cristobal Colon great house:wink:

^have you always lived in Argentina, testinofan?. damn, I've been fooled all these years thinking you were in the south of France. :rofl:

I'm going to Argentina in.. over a week. I'll be there for a while, I don't think I'll be able to do a lot of shopping but I'm excited about their second-hand stores, I heard they're.. fantastic :zorro:.

^have you always lived in Argentina, testinofan?. damn, I've been fooled all these years thinking you were in the south of France. :rofl:

I'm going to Argentina in.. over a week. I'll be there for a while, I don't think I'll be able to do a lot of shopping but I'm excited about their second-hand stores, I heard they're.. fantastic :zorro:.

HAHAHA noo always living in Argentina i like the idea live a time in France heheeh you come where? alone with freands with family maybe is good know you never talk much in the TFS but is good know you send me message pribve and talk maybe come to drink any speak spanish?

hehehe you talk about Cristobal Colon great house:wink:
It´s one of my fave stores in the world. Testinofan, do you happen to know the address? My boss is in Buenos Aires right now and I want to tell her.
I can´t believe how much I miss Buenos Aires. It´s so BEAUTIFUL!!!

Yes here the adress Palermo Soho Gurruchaga 1519 phone: 4511-5150

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->