Buenos Aires Shopping

Oh,i'm glad you had a good time. Florida street is so touristy but, i guess is something you have to do if you go to Buenos Aires, mind you Galerias Pacifico is looovely as a shopping mall, i think is one of the best of the city in terms of arquitecture. Have to say, i actually havent seen such a amazing shopping mall like that in Europe yet. What about the Soho? that is a good area

Well my hotel was two blocks away from Galerias Pacifico so I went a couple of times. The only day I went to Soho was to see the Vans Shop! Lol! My dad had enough of shopping so I couldn't convince him to go to any market, but it's ok since I got to go to a few other Malls and manage to spend a few hours there seeing whatever I wanted :smile: And of course went to see some tango shows and went to see PIAF (epic play!). I posted most of the things I bought in the What did you buy thread :smile: I found this really cool jewelry shop in one of the malls called Etnia.
This is what I got there:
DSC02949.jpg

The firefly necklace, the peace signs bracelets and the fly necklace :D
Shopping in BsAs is always fun :smile: Want to go back again!! hahaha

the MAC from falabella is still there. there are stands on Paseo Alcorta and Alto Palermo shopping.

I think there is one MAC in Galerias Pacifico, too. Am I wrong? Dont go there very often.

I preffer the one in Falabella, it's big and spacious

the one in galerias pacifico is MAC Pro!
does anybody know what international designers are in Buenos Aires (Av Alvear, Av Quintana)? i'd like to have a look and go :shock: at the $!
i knew (maybe they are no longer there) of Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton, Max Mara, Fendi, and Armani.

I saw two big stores from Christian Lacroix, but can't remember which malls! :/

yes, galerias pacifico, very good..
i want to know if there is a Gaultier somewhere out there

^ Gaultier?! :lol: you're asking too much! we are lucky we get some of these designers.
On Alvear Av. there is Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Ralph Lauren, Valentino, Emporio Armani, Rochas, Versace, Escada, Salvatore Farragamo and Nina Ricci if i remember correctly. You could try Coterie on Av. Alvear also it stocks Burberry, Bottega Veneta, Furla and Jimmy Choo, they might have Gaultier, don't even want to think of the prices (all the ridicolous amount of vat, taxes we have to pay :angry:)

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought so..:angry:
vat..i had to pay 100% last time i ordered something!!!!!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::ninja:

^ Gaultier?! :lol: you're asking too much! we are lucky we get some of these designers.
On Alvear Av. there is Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Ralph Lauren, Valentino, Emporio Armani, Rochas, Versace, Escada, Salvatore Farragamo and Nina Ricci if i remember correctly. You could try Coterie on Av. Alvear also it stocks Burberry, Bottega Veneta, Furla and Jimmy Choo, they might have Gaultier, don't even want to think of the prices (all the ridicolous amount of vat, taxes we have to pay :angry:)

I'm from Buenos Aires and I NEVER went inside these stores. I was wondering about the clothes, are they like the leftovers from really old collections or are they just a little bit behind? :innocent:

i always wonder that too.. I dared to enter in a Cacharel store once, and it was the last time because they treated me like Pretty Woman! But i read today that we have a KENZO!!! so i'll dare once more...

I don't think we get the leftovers, as you know we are a season behind in comparison to Europe...
Hate snotty sales assistants, they should drop the attitude and don't forget they work in a shop at the end of the day :rolleyes:, boutique whatever...this comes from someone who used to be a sales assistant too.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has been dead for a while. I am heading to Buenos Aires in 1 week and was wondering if somebody could give me some recommendations for leather bags (local designers, not Florida street leather bags) and clothing stores (again, not Zara, Mango etc. but local designers). I was in BA 3 years ago and bought fantastic leather bags somewhere in Palermo.

^ You should try AY not dead, Maria Cher, Jazmin Chebar, Trosman, Paula Cahen d'anvers, Wanama ... maybe Tramando, Juana de Arco. I dont know which is your personal style or age, so its kind of dificult to suggest you any brand. I just named some local designers that i like.
About leathers bags... well, im thinking... you know, there are some good brands that sells leather bags, but i must confes i never bought anything there... (im talking about prüne, blaqué, lazaro, maybe la martina) cause i usually buy bags in the brand i told before.

If you already know Palermo, you should go there once again, its getting bigger and full of good designers :smile:

Hope ive help you a bit!

Thank you! I looked up Jazmin Chebar online and really liked her stuff. I will have a look at other stores you suggested.

Try Doma, last time i went back home i bought 2 leather jackets from there, they are amazing, proper leather. I think they have about 4 branches in Buenos Aires 2 in Palermo Soho (from which one is an outlet), another one in Galerias Pacifico and another one in Puerto Madero. Net A Porter also sells their jackets.
The only Argentinian brands that are worth checking out are Doma, Jazmin Chebar and Uma IMO. Then you can always check out not so main stream designer's boutiques in Palermo Soho

Thanks for all the suggestions! I ended up buying 2 leather jackets from Doma and am thinking to go back for some handbags. Also bought a lot of stuff from Maria Cher (luckily for my wallet a lot of sizes were sold out) and some stuff from AY not dead. Thanks for all the suggestions! I saw some nice handbags from Lu gagliardi online but have no idea where her stores are. I think Google maps lead me the wrong way. Prune, Blaque etc didn't do much for me, don't think I like their bags or other stuff that much. Any suggestions for handbags?

Oh, I also found amazing sandals in Jazmin Chebar, still thinking about them! (un)fortunately, Argentinian shoe sizes are not good for me: either too small or too large!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->