Calvin Klein "Downtown" Fragrance : Rooney Mara by Jean Baptiste Mondino

Reaction score
Calvin Klein has cast Rooney Mara as the face of its Downtown scent, which hit counters globally in September.

“I am very excited to be included in the group of amazing women that have been featured in the iconic advertising campaigns for Calvin Klein fragrances,” Mara told WWD of her new role, which includes TV spots directed by David Fincher and print ads shot by Jean-Baptiste Mondino (pictured above). “It’s an honour to be part of a brand with such a legacy of breakthrough advertising.”

harpersbazaar.com.au

Attachments

• Article_CK_Rooney_17052013_th3.jpg
    Article_CK_Rooney_17052013_th3.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 50
That's a surprise! But the photo isn't exactly exciting. She looks awkward, the pink font doesn't quite fit in imho, and what is it with the levitating bottle? :blink:

What did they do to her face? She looks... different.

Even if she did look like herself I still wouldn't like it. This photo isn't really appropriate for a fragrance ad imo. Maybe ck jeans? Definitely NOT Calvin Klein.

Hate the name of the fragrance, it's not very attractive IMO.
I'm thrilled that they chose Rooney and she looks very beautiful but it's a bit bland.

She looks bored, not the best pic for this campaign. She even looks a bit deformed.

Love the layout, but something with her eyes looks odd.

This isn't Rooney's best shot - her facial expression seems almost gawky, as if caught off guard. The layout of the ad also doesn't impress me. There's something tacky in the juxtaposition of "hot pink" on a b/w photo.

This looked so much better on my phone. She photographs so beautifully usually so this is disappointing. I'm excited to see the TV ad though.

cause Rooney, with her new edgy look, is what i associate with pink, right? same with 'downtown'. also pink.

right?

I don't see what the problem is with the pink on B&W. What I don't like is the scruffy little bunch of hair sticking out of the back of her head. I also question the name - being an uptown girl myself, does it mean it's not for me?

I like the commercial a lot with the exception of the press conference/fame part. Otherwise it's nice and different for a perfume commercial to not have salivating men chasing after the woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minervamovies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->