• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Calvin Klein 'Eternity' Fragrance 2017 by Willy Vanderperre

Firefly216

Reaction score
With Belgian designer Raf Simons at the helm of Calvin Klein, it’s no surprise that he’s shaking things up. The company announced today that Jake Gyllenhaal will star in a new series of ads for Eternity by Calvin Klein, appearing alongside supermodel and advocate Liya Kebede and four-year-old Leila as a thoroughly modern 21st century family.

The trio will also appear in comercials that will debut later this month. In a press release Calvin Klein said that the new Eternity campaign focuses on “Calvin Klein’s longstanding ideas of romance, love, intimacy, and commitment. Today, those values continue with the focus very much on contemporary life.”

Gyllenhaal collaborated closely with Calvin Klein in conceiving the campaign, which was shot by photographer Willy Vanderperre, according to the company. It’s just the latest part of a very busy fall for the Oscar-nominated actor. Gyllenhaal also stars in the drama Stronger, playing Jeff Bauman, a real-life survivor of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing. In taking part in the Eternity campaign, Gyllenhaal joins an enviable list of stars who have lent their faces to Calvin Klein, from Mark Wahlberg to the cast of last year’s best picture winner Moonlight.

Image credit: Vanity Fair

Video: https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/10/jake-gyllenhaal-calvin-klein-eternity

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem with using such a well-known celebrity for this type of storyline is that it fails to impact on consumers because many are aware that he's not dating her, and that's not his bub. Ok image though.

Problem with using such a well-known celebrity for this type of storyline is that it fails to impact on consumers because many are aware that he's not dating her, and that's not his bub. Ok image though.

Exactly what I thought when I first saw this.

This would have been so, SO much better without him. It would've been a nice update on the original Eternity imagery with Christy Turlington and children. I get that it's in line with how "woke af" 2017 is thanks to what appears to be an interracial family, but it would've been just fine (in fact probably less preachy and wholesome) with just a beautiful black mother and her beautiful black daughter.

That said, it says a lot about our culture today that we're essentially recreating promotional material which was originally conceived in the wake of the AIDS crisis when Calvin himself (and countless other tastemakers) went back into the closet and the company started marketing a safer, heteronormative, family-friendly image as opposed to the "dangerous" adult sensuality that had defined his ads for Obsession.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Gyllenhaal would stick to acting.
I like him but enough, already. Him, Franco, Leto, just give us a break.

You stole the words from everyone's mouth! Seriously, the whole world knows they're not a family which makes it so awkward to look at the picture.

He brings nothing here, seeing this in print, i did take a double look to see if it's really him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->