Most Overpriced Designer? #3

And YSL just had a price decrease
Price decrease? Where?
Or is it a price harmonization Because YSL is more expensive.
I have to say though that it’s still a fairly and intelligently priced house.
I satin slippers for the same price as those flowers.

While I appreciate that the RTW prices aren’t insane, they are really ridiculous. 2K for cargo pants…
Their real strength now is that they can have a decent pricing and maintain their exclusivity by reducing their presence department stores.

Price decrease? Where?
Or is it a price harmonization Because YSL is more expensive.
I have to say though that it’s still a fairly and intelligently priced house.
I satin slippers for the same price as those flowers.

While I appreciate that the RTW prices aren’t insane, they are really ridiculous. 2K for cargo pants…
Their real strength now is that they can have a decent pricing and maintain their exclusivity by reducing their presence department stores.

It’s quite misleading because she is concentrating on specific products when price increases is something more general.

They may have re-adjusted their prices to have a more competitive price point but we can’t talk of price decrease when suddenly they are selling cotton pants at 2K.
It’s a more general thing. I mean we saw it with Chanel. The price increases are maybe more spectacular on the classic bags, but overall there’s a price increase even though Chanel still have a lot bags under 7K and they can lower prices on the smaller bags.

But I must say that they are quite clever. This is where Burberry is losing for example. The fact that a YSL bag cost less than a Burberry bag make them losers by default.

It’s quite misleading because she is concentrating on specific products when price increases is something more general.

They may have re-adjusted their prices to have a more competitive price point but we can’t talk of price decrease when suddenly they are selling cotton pants at 2K.
It’s a more general thing. I mean we saw it with Chanel. The price increases are maybe more spectacular on the classic bags, but overall there’s a price increase even though Chanel still have a lot bags under 7K and they can lower prices on the smaller bags.

But I must say that they are quite clever. This is where Burberry is losing for example. The fact that a YSL bag cost less than a Burberry bag make them losers by default.
I think they are sitting on a lot of unsold non-seasonal items and that is a way for them to launch some "sales" for this stock... and make some bucks and attracts new customers.
The very seasonal items, or produced in a limited series, like the runway RTW, prices won't change, but it seems to me that merch like denim, tees, etc have effectively a bit decreased, or not increased like the other brands, especially menswear merch.
You now have Ferragamo or Burberry merch (sneakers, sandals, shoes) more expensive than YSL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->