The Row : from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen #2

Thefrenchy

Reaction score
Moderator's note:

• In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (e.g. in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use search function.
  • The old thread is Here
Thank you.

Chloe Sevigny wearing a pair of The Row sunglasses :smile:

kez1qv.jpg

BUZZPHOTO

Last edited by a moderator:
Some new pieces sold at Bergdorff

BERGDORFFGOODMAN.COM

fantastic and simple!!! but the models pose definitely helps highlight the garments.

Does anyone have any info on the mint green cardigan that showed up on twitter as part of the spring 2010 collection? I'm trying to track it down but I don't even know if it is men's or women's, cashmere or cotton or if it even went into distribution? Thanks for any help:flower:

7029_138240921811_16273036811_25417.jpg

^
please provide a credit for your image or else it will be removed...thanks :flower:

Oooh, those pieces look very chic, wearable and classic!

Go MK & Ash....their aesthetic is perfect!

MEJeans.jpg

Ok, so for some time now i've been quite obsessed with getting a great pair of vintage blue jeans, you know old 501's or 555's or something. I've tried on plenty, trust me, plenty. I've pounced on girls on the street looking A-Mazing in theirs to get some info, i've searched high and low. And they all do two rather, well, unflattering things on my body. 1. They make me look male in the crotch area, yeah, does there need to be another issue? not really but there is 2. they make my bum look a mile long. So when i saw these beauties hanging in Barneys the other day you can imagine my delight - cos yeah, they look kinda vintage right? Who knew the Olsens have been busy re-creating the perfect pair of simple, slightly washed out, vintage inspired (i'm sure) blue jeans. I know how plain they look, but that's their beauty - they flatter my body, they're super comfy, they literally go with everything i own - i mean apart from their hefty price tag - yes alas they fall under The Row - they are perfect. And to be honest it's such a sweet relief that my vintage denim hunt is over, i've nearly forgotten the price. So when my husband persuaded me to spend a day at the pub watching the Soccer on Sunday i persuaded him to snap me in my new jeans on the way there - oh and no i didn't ask him to chop my head off, but hey, that's what we got. Ok so in a flurry of denim excitement i started flicking through my mags to see what else i might love as much as these, and um hello, i found this Céline all in one - ok it's perfect - how much could it possibly be? I need it. Does it ever end? But back to my latest splurge - i love them, actually i'm off to put them on right now :smile:

I really like this post from turned out about the row jeans.

I really like this post from turned out about the row jeans.

I love it too! those jeans are amazing. I love Maya Villiger (who does Turned Out). Her style and eye are spot on.:wink:

Those The Row jeans on the previous page look like the kind my Mum used to wear in the early 90's. Awful.

^Aw, really? I'm totally obsessed with that kind of wash these days :woot:

I didn't mean the wash, I meant the cut. ie. the "Mom jeans" cut.

Get to Know the Row

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's clothing label takes the spotlight.

Walk into the Row's studio in New York's Chelsea neighborhood and you will see no clothes. Sure, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, designers of the Row, have been credited as key to what those of short memory call "new minimalism," but this is a little method. "Oh, man, the clothes are gone," sighs Mary-Kate, looking fine in a vintage red-and-black-spotted Yves Saint Laurent blouse, jeans, and skyscraper heels. "They're off in sales," explains Ashley, on brand in a slouchy Row sweatshirt, pant-skirt, and flat sandals.

That's what happens when everyone wants what you're selling. After 24 years of growing up in front of the American public, Mary-Kate and Ashley now occupy a desirable, influential position in the fashion world. After only three years in business, the Row, born with a luxury T-shirt, sits next to Rick Owens, Lanvin, and Azzedine Alaïa in the world's best retailers. But this success didn't come by accident or through money or connections.

"We work," the two stress almost simultaneously (six days a week, commonly). It's a knee-jerk defense bred from years of intrusive pictures and tabloid gossip insinuating they did anything but. "Remember that crazy time when all of us young girls were being followed?" Ashley says. The two were like hunted animals, their only defense a venti Starbucks. Now that they have both moved to New York full-time, oddly, we see them less. "We're either at home or here at the studio," Mary-Kate notes. "I think they got bored of us."

While you might guess that the Olsens' sartorial preference—a long, covered-up look—might come from a desire not to be seen, you'd be wrong. Mary-Kate explains, "We've always been attracted to longer—" "Layers, silhouettes," Ashley says, finishing her sentence.

"When we were growing up, our mother taught us never to have your belly button exposed," Mary-Kate adds. This low-key, tempered sensuality is the spine of their collection. The Row lady doesn't need to put it all out there because she has something going on "in here." This mood was reflected in the Olsens' Fall 2010 presentation, just 19 looks in a simple palette, worn with the same summery flat: a black wrap coat, a precise white shift dress, a languid jumpsuit—all the pieces girls want but have a devil of a time actually finding. Resort had a similar quiet confidence, each look paired with vintage Prada loafers. Both Olsens are huge Prada fans. "Miuccia's spin always has a sense of humor, which I love," Ashley says. "Céline's quite amazing too," adds Mary-Kate.

Though the two don't fantasize about giving anyone a "Row-over," they would like to dress the first lady. "I'd love to get Michelle Obama in the Row," Ashley says. "The simple suits and things. It's all made in America, so why not?" But the two chalk up their first success to Lauren Hutton, whom both are "obsessed with" and who was shot for Forbes in 2007 "on a motorcycle in our leather leggings. I think there's nothing chicer than that," says Ashley. The Olsens have in fact already appeared in Forbes—the first time as kids. Toddler titans? "Nah," says Ashley, giggling. "The Most Powerful Crawlers."

So, newly 24, newly East Coast, but always in control, Mary-Kate and Ashley are, yes, getting their ducks in a row. And 24, the age when you can take New York by storm, is the perfect time to do it. "Ah, but," says Mary-Kate, looking at Ashley with an old-soul smile, "we're 48."
harpersbazaar.com
the article is in the september 2010 issue...

a lot of their fall collection is posted on bergdorfgoodman.com and it is stunning

I love their new fall collection! So refined. And they seem to have a passion for what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->