Caring for Damaged Hair (Colored, Bleached, Frizzy, Heat Styled)

My brother is 12 years old and he has dandruff... any help?

^Massage a bunch of oil (Joboba, Olive, Coconut... They'll all work fine) into his scalp, leave it on for about 30 ~ 60 mins. Shampoo it off in the shower, and there should be significantly less dandruff the next day. Keep up this routine for a while - it will eventually rid his hair of dandruff!

Redken anti snap has helped my hair go a lot longer between cuts. After I towel dry my hair I work a bit of that and some Bumble and Bumble leave in conditioner through the ends.
Other than that I use a deep conditioner once a week and try to let my hair air dry as much as possible, that and switching to natural shampoos has really improved the condition of my coloured hair and dry ends.

I'm going to dye my hair sometime soon. Any thoughts or ideas on how prepare my hair for it in the days before? I just want to minimize the damage.

Does anyone know how to remove copper tones from faded bleached and then dyed brunette hair?

God my hair feels so damaged right now. Just read the whole thread and I'm going to start buying stuff as soon as I get money.

Are there any wonderful products out there that can help me with my frizzy hair? I feel the frizz can't be tamed and I need all the suggestions I can get, thanks! Perhaps are there any home made remedies?

I use kokosoil for my hair. It softens my hair and make it shiny. It's great for dry hair.

Try Karastase mask. I swear by it. I have frizzy and naturally wavy hair. I use it 1-2 x a week. Wash hair at night, put the cream on, wear a shower cap and go to bed. Wash it off in the morning shower. This stuff is wonderful.

Will try this! Thank you!

I used to have super long,soft shiny hair in fantastic condition. And then one day it just all went wrong,and I don't know why. Over the past year I have had a total of over 11 inches taken off of my hair,going shorter each time to remove all the dry and split ends. It's now shoulder length,I had it cut less than 3 weeks ago,and it already looks and feels like it needs at least another inch off. It's getting me pretty down because at the rate I keep needing it cut off I'll be bald,and I have no confidence with 'short' hair. I have always used leave in conditioners and probably use a hairdryer only twice a week,hair straighteners twice a month.

Does anybody have any advice on a)possible reasons why it has become so bad and any solutions for getting my hair back to how it was? :flower:

i only use hairdryers once a month on average (and thats at the salon or very special events) i never use straighteners or flat irons or hot rollers. my hair is very colour treated.

i let my hair dry for at least an hour before attempting to comb/brush it. i just put it back with a hairband while waiting for it to dry so it doesnt look too messy.

you may want to buy special those quick drying towels for hair.

and try some argan oil products or buy a kerastase conditioner.

I used to have super long,soft shiny hair in fantastic condition. And then one day it just all went wrong,and I don't know why. Over the past year I have had a total of over 11 inches taken off of my hair,going shorter each time to remove all the dry and split ends. It's now shoulder length,I had it cut less than 3 weeks ago,and it already looks and feels like it needs at least another inch off. It's getting me pretty down because at the rate I keep needing it cut off I'll be bald,and I have no confidence with 'short' hair. I have always used leave in conditioners and probably use a hairdryer only twice a week,hair straighteners twice a month.

Does anybody have any advice on a)possible reasons why it has become so bad and any solutions for getting my hair back to how it was? :flower:

I've had the same problem.. and really, your hair is like your skin in that most often it changes type. For me, taking better care of it has produced best results. Conditioning it a lot and using argan tree oil (like Lucy mentioned) has helped. Also, always braid your hair when going to bed, it makes such a difference.

Thank you ladies! I have my hair in a side braid now Saann,how did you know! :P I had a hair turban towel thing which dried my hair fantastically,but I think the chambermaid in my hotel thought it was one of their towels and last week it went missing :( So I shall certainly be getting a replacement this weekend.

My hair used to be very colour treated,not out of vanity but because my black hair has been going very grey for the past 8 years since I was 16. I've tried to go long periods of time without colouring it because I know that I'm doing more harm than good,but I can't not colour it. It's a catch 22 situation.

Having given this some more thought,I'm required by my employers to wear my hair up in a doughnut,in a very tight bun for around 9 hours a day,5 days a week. I wonder if that has caused more damage than I realise?!

I've tried hot oils once before (I think it was a cheap VO5 product but I found it made a good difference when used once-twice a week) but I think argan oil is something that I need to invest in. I'm willing to spend all the money in the world if it prevents baldness!!

^hahahha I guess I have a sixth sense :smile:.. about the coloring, have you ever tried conditioning color? It's not very damaging for the hair.. L'oreal has a cheap one that's quite good, the Casting Creme Gloss line.. I used it when I went from blonde back to my natural, darker, hair color. I still use it every now and then just for my hair to look better.

The bun shouldn't be too much of a problem unless you're using rubber bands which isn't good for the hair.

Having given this some more thought,I'm required by my employers to wear my hair up in a doughnut,in a very tight bun for around 9 hours a day,5 days a week. I wonder if that has caused more damage than I realise?!

I've tried hot oils once before (I think it was a cheap VO5 product but I found it made a good difference when used once-twice a week) but I think argan oil is something that I need to invest in. I'm willing to spend all the money in the world if it prevents baldness!!

i would have massive headaches if my hair was stuck in a bun for so long...is there a way you can make it slightly more looser? maybe with the addition of a few bobby pins?

i would also try the garnier fructus 3 minute conditioners. they should be inexpensive where you are. try using them every other day until you notice an improvement.

How are the Garnier 3 minute conditioners compared to their other products? Because I want to try those but my hair hasn't responded very well to their other products

How are the Garnier 3 minute conditioners compared to their other products? Because I want to try those but my hair hasn't responded very well to their other products

these are the ones that i use. drugstore.com

i find that my hair is very sleek when i use them. during a recent vacation where i was swimming in a pool twice a day i'm convinced they stopped any damage from occuring.

i also use the aussie 3 minute miracle as well as the organix argan oil conditioning treatment. the label says to keep it on for 5 minutes.

I haven't tried their treatment products so I'll definitely giving those a try seeing as you liked the result. Thanks for the tip!

I purchased a relatively cheap argan oil product last week and I've already noticed a good improvement. I get paid tomorrow (It has been a loooong month) so I'm going to invest in some better products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->