Chanel Cocoon S/S 2010 : Vanessa Paradis by Karl Lagerfeld

farou7a

Reaction score
Vanessa Paradis to Appear in Chanel Handbag Ads

Vanessa Paradis, currently appearing in advertising for Chanel’s Rouge Coco lipstick, is extending her ties to the French fashion and beauty firm.

Karl Lagerfeld tapped the actress and singer for a spring campaign for Chanel’s Coco Cocoon range of handbags. The images, lensed by the designer, are slated to break in June magazines.

Paradis has a long history with Chanel, and first appeared in a 1994 television spot for the brand’s Coco fragrance, depicting her in a giant birdcage. The Coco Cocoon line, characterized by puffy quilting in a range of materials, was introduced last year. Lagerfeld will photograph Paradis again soon for Figaro Madame magazine. The indefatigable designer is the guest designer of a forthcoming summer issue.

And that’s not all: Lagerfeld was just notified by French President Nicolas Sarkozy that he is to be decorated as a commander of the French Legion of Honor. The date for the awards ceremony has yet to be fixed.

source: wwd.com

Interesting. Hope it will turn out to be good.

i loved the making! she looks adorable.. and i love the song choice too.

The styling for some reason (knee-high socks, backcombed hair and beanie combination) reminds me of Prada Fall 2007. Otherwise, this is decent enough. Nowhere near the level of Daria's Chanel campaigns, but pleasant enough.

Ohoo i :heart: it !! Vanessa is the perfect choice!

Why I expecting a colour shot and red lipstick? This is kinda boring and feels like a waste of Vanessa.
I was ecstatic when I read she would be shooting this with Karl. But I'm disappointed with the outcome, so far.

its average, from the preview on the Chanel website i expected a drastic difference from Lily's but this isn't really much different, its like all Karl can do is Black and white images and there's only so much we can all take of the same look

I hate the bag but I quite like the ad (and this has nothing to do with the lovely Vanessa, of course:innocent:)

i no longer have high expectations when karl is the photographer, so i think this is lovely. and when i remember lily's ads i like this even more.

It's ok, not that great though. Although it's great to see Vanessa :wub:

That's just mediocre but better than Lily Allen's ads.

I guess I could call it decent, at least. Such a waist of Vanessa's charm :ermm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->