Chanel Pre-Fall 2016 Rome

At the same time, there isn't many ways to reference the 60's. That's why i've said that it looked like his Paris London collection because he referenced the same era.
FW 2006 couture & RTW had the same feeling.
It's totally Karl IMO even if in recent times people may believe that Slimane own that look.

Anyway, no matter how talented he is, Hedi will never put something at this level.

Of course no designer owns any era...but it is rather suspicious that he launchs a collection with such a strong Saint Laurent mood, just when Saint Laurent is so hyped these days (I´m not a fan of Hedi´s work, by the way)...

ok first of all ...
how long these ateliers/metiers d'art pre-fall capsule collection shows have been goin on ? and what's the whole project about that - besides selling and PR, ty ?
im sorry but its not been "years" (as in a decade)... that im sure !
hermes does kinda sorta metiers d'art events, ... they dont do shows. do they? i dont think so... and i think hermes does the right thing.
but chanel by lagerfeld-heir-of-coco-born-poor-turned-late-big-spender puts the money where the mind is ! you want some mourning paris ... seen through 50-60s (to know hairstyle history would help nailed the decade here) italian cinema, Karl Lagerfeld gives it to ya ... and he does not care, and we shouldn't and we should just say "oui oui, Herr Lagerfeld. it's up to ya anyway !"
~ where do they get the money tho ? how much is such a show - like i mean all included. I just wish once in a while, he would do a private show and we would just hear about a dinner with few guests, and see some dope pictures ... something a la Alaia maybe.

have you seen these camera trails and boys shooting the show??? the man is shooting a movie (and im not even talking abt the movie they showcased... that i havent looked at yet
i mean Chanel is what we call Total-Fashion as in Art Total!)

so yeah the outfits ... it's always nice. and beautifuly crafted. i still cannot stand any zipper on a chanel suit, jacket or jumpsuit ... it's just ... no!
im sure carine roitfeld will love the stockings. and LOTS of look ... (is she even styling all this, maybe?) ... the coats are nice.

is this supposed to be a pre-fall of couture?
in this case, i do understand the role of "metiers d'art-s",
other wise .... i dont see the point of keeping on doing that many shows ?
are they trying to surpass the fast-fashion system? is he superman? how many assistants are involved in this never-ending circus of shows and travelings? is it his way of keeping alive the jet-set (can we say jet-set still? i feel like a caveman every time i come back here)

and a last point ... even tho the set is a fictional place: the subway station Rome is one of the last place in paris where the sign at the entrance of the subway is still an original (like the entire thing! unless they changed it recently which i doubt coz there must b an arrete municipal that protects them) ... !!! FYI !!! Does anybody ride the subway at Chanel Paris ?! I would honnestly b surprised nobody said anything about this at chanel...

It such a pastiche. There's probably some beautiful pieces but I can't see them. Everything feels like they were trying to emulate some kind of cool allure but completely failed The styling is horrendous.

Hedi Slimane for Chanel?? The stylism, and mood of the show, are so Saint Laurent!

Only if Karl is showing him how it should be done. Hedi seems to have a preference for a certain aesthetic( he certainly does not own it) but seems totally unable to make it luxe. He's so high street, i do not think we run the risk of finding any of this women shopping at Zara.

I love this collection, the details and the craftsmanship are Amazing. Yes Chanel managed to gather all cliches in the universe, ,but it's just so beautiful...
And the Claudia Cardinale beauty looks are to die for!

Last edited by a moderator:
Only if Karl is showing him how it should be done. Hedi seems to have a preference for a certain aesthetic( he certainly does not own it) but seems totally unable to make it luxe. He's so high street, i do not think we run the risk of finding any of this women shopping at Zara.

I love this collection, the details and the craftsmanship are Amazing. Yes Chanel managed to gather all cliches in the universe, ,but it's just so beautiful...

Yes, Chanel has more quality and craftsmanship than Saint Laurent nowadays...but the sad part is that, at the end of the day, both Chanel and Saint Laurent customers are gonna look very similar at first sight (with this pre-fall collection).

It such a pastiche. There's probably some beautiful pieces but I can't see them. Everything feels like they were trying to emulate some kind of cool allure but completely failed The styling is horrendous.

Glad someone said it.

This started out really sexy and exciting for me, and then absolutely nosedived and exploded into 70 sh*t looks.

Lame. And totally a bad Slimane homage, right down to Karl dumping his longtime model aesthetic

A much more edible collection than usual because the styling isn't that atrocious this time and the dark mood gives it some edge and style. Looks like Karl got some inspiration from Hedi.

That was exactly my thought when I saw the collection. Some Looks are very "Hedi Slimane" but i like this collection.
Luxury and elegance with sensual touch.

I agree with Lola701:
"Anyway, no matter how talented he is, Hedi will never put something at this Level"

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm normally not a Chanel fan but this collection was great. Really enjoyed it.

The set is what dreams are made of.

After seeing the vid I'm not that positive anymore, many outfits look downright cheap.

After seeing the vid I'm not that positive anymore, many outfits look downright cheap.

I'm ,au contraire, after seeing the video i fall in love with this collection. Maybe some pieces in collection did feel repetitive but i like it.
The S/S 2016 , Airport Show, was the worth collection he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->