Chanel S/S 1998 : Karen Elson by Karl Lagerfeld

It’s such a shame that Mila will forever be known and likely remembered as the face of Resident Evil. Good for her for finding success in a medium that she pursued, but she really was such a strong model and would have excelled in the type of films that someone like Christina Ricci is better known for. And she’s just ravishing in Lenny’s “If You Can’t Say No” video.

(Damn that sheath is like liquid metal sliding off on Mila and I can only imagine the so-fortunate clientele that gets the pleasure of wearing such a piece. My BFF would always wear her mum’s Chanel jackets when we were clueless 14yo back in the 90s. And the tailoring is so unbelievably, supremely masterful you can’t help but adore it. I can’t imagine current-era Chanel without Karl being able to achieve such heavenly luxury; I mean— the luxury oozes through the pages even if I would never be able to touch such goodness. None of this impact with Virginie’s campaigns...)

Dreamy and whimsical, Karen was such a delicate beauty who had the confidence to sell the clothes, while Mila possessed the mystery I would associate with the couture client at that time. It was really a good time when Chanel really made people dream. The clothes and the campaign seemed to perfectly capture the spirit at that time

Does anybody have any of these shots in better quality?

maggierizer.com

Karen was unnecessary. It's as if Milla was told to take her ugly sister to the shoot so she won't feel sad.

It’s bit weird but I now realize that I prefer Karl’s commercial work to his editorials.

Karen was unnecessary. It's as if Milla was told to take her ugly sister to the shoot so she won't feel sad.
Karen is for the RTW, Milla was for the Couture.

Thank you for the updated information! I have created a separate thread for Mila Jovovich's Haute Couture S/S 1998 advertising campaign, here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenanova
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->