Chanel 'The Iconic Handbag' 2024 by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin

I guess they had Milla Jovovich + Gary Oldman/Jeremy Irons for Donna Karan on their moodboard. The chemistry is non existent and the fact smile of Brad Pitt. :shock:

The only good shot is the very distant one...

The campaign seems cold, there is no chemistry, everything seems forced. And to make matters worse, Brad did his job better than Penelope, who is one of the most beautiful women in the industry... Another MISS for I&V!

Agree! @DK92

I actually like the concept of this campaign, but those two have zero chemistry.

Almost anyone other than Brad would've been preferable.

I would say it looks slightly better in print, but maybe that's because there's a big fold in the middle which distracts you from the image's full effect.

Remember when Brad Pitt was momentarily the male face of Chanel No 5? Because that worked so well.

(Chanel)

I find Penélope Cruz just so unbelievably attractive and alluring that I cannot help but be like a moth to a flame, and instantly drawn to this. Brad and Penélope have great chemistry here, and I think it has been beautifully shot by I&V. My favourite are the he shots/scenes down on the beach.

So contrived and old fashioned. And however short, so boring lol

I guess this is how they announce that the flap bag now costs more than €10,000
Do quota bags need campaigns though ? Chanel have established a quota system and extreme price hikes for this bag and now they have to pull out an ad ? It's very surprising. Did people stop to buy it ?
I can't imagine Hermès launching campaigns for birkins... Something doesn't make sense here.

On the subject of the campaign, Pitt and Cruz have zero chemistry, the "A Man and A Woman" movie has aged a lot and is now considered quite cheesy, but Rianne stole the show...

Also Penelope is fronting the SS 2024 Geox campaign too, so seeing her in ugly orthopedic shoes while promoting a 10,000 bag is VERY confusing...
Chanel should have asked for exclusivity.
This would have NEVER happened with Karl and Helleu. The new Chanel management is very lax with their image, they dgaf anymore.

Rianne's expression in the opening of the video says "so this campaign is gonna cost how much for a bag that is at that price???".

These are some very pained expressions in these shots. And I do wonder what Brad is actually wearing? Of course I can only assume Penélope is wearing Chanel, but who is Brad wearing if Chanel doesn't do men's? Begs the question of why is he even in this and not some handsome male model instead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->