Christian Dior 1996-2002 : The John Galliano Early Years

RTW SS1999 is still for me one of the best if not the best RTW collection made for Dior by any designer since Gianfranco Ferré.
It may not be the most amazing or my ultimate favorite (despite being one of my favorite), it is so perfect for Dior!

It’s a classic, timeless, luxurious, effortless without being casual and it’s really in the tradition of RTW. Everything (down to the shoes) can be sold today and it will sell.

Is there really not a video archive service website of some sort that would have some of these shows? Would really like to see some with good quality. lol..

^ But even they don't have some of the shows. HC F/W 2002, and S/S 2003 (with details).

I have read somewhere that Dior used to sell vhs with shows footage. Is it true?

There must be an archive somewhere. I tried searching for the production company of the Dior videos (Videopolis). Nothing though!

There must be an archive somewhere. I tried searching for the production company of the Dior videos (Videopolis). Nothing though!
Thank you for the company name
The first thing I found is this video.

According to the description it was produced by Videopolis and came on vhs.
This is Videopolis website
home – videopolis
Unfortunately they dont have older shows so I tried wayback machine.
Wayback Machine
Although there are some older versions available, none of them has the footage.
Same with with Dior.
Wayback Machine
At this point the only thing we can do is contact videopolis and ask them.

They probably do have the footage. Viktor & Rolf's YT channel uploaded all of their old shows, all by the same production.

I don't know if they'll answer to non-press but sure. Usually, websites like that only sell or give access to industry people. I remember trying to purchase images from firstview but they never got back to me!

Anyway, What are you going to say to them? :rofl:

They have EVERYTHING
I've sent them a message and asked is it possible to access the content as a member of general public because I am no longer a student, nor do I work as a teacher or librarian.
They never responded.
If you find out anything, please message me.

Oh my! They even have some of the '00s shows!

some stills at bloomsburyfashionvideo have 2018 yoox net-a-porter group written in bottom right corner so maybe they took videos from some other sources

bloomsburyfashionvideo.com

Oh my! They even have some of the '00s shows!

I don't understand from which institutions is even possible to log in into Bloomsbury.
Is there a list? I guess the archive isn't available for peasants like us :rofl:
Maybe some art school student can help us.

Edit: Bloomsbury and YOOX group work together, this is a collaboration.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->