Christian Dior F/W 11.12 Paris (See Post #1 for thread rules, before posting)

I agree the styling really ruined things. If the collection is inspired by foppish victoriana why do the models look like little sweet dollies? It just totally clashes with the clothes for which it seems only me and one other member like. Hmmm.

The styling definitely ruined things. It doesn't look like Dior. There's no magic. The clothes were amazing but during the past even though the clothes were wearable it doesn't look like it because of the make-up and the styling. *sigh*

my views towards John have not changed...i enjoy this collection
the styling to me is not my favorite but the pieces alone are quite gorgeous.
i love the knee high boots!

as mentioned many times, it's definitely a styling issue, because some of the actual pieces are great
those boots are to die for. best thing about this collection so far

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably only remember this collection for the accessories: boots/shoes, handbags and hats. The rest seems really frumpy.

Those pieces on Anais Mali and Jourdan Dunn are reminiscent of Dior couture!

I like chunks of it. But then other chunks of it are ugly. I really like the shoes though.

City Of Light
ELLA ALEXANDER 04 March 2011 1 Comment
Updated Friday 4 March 2.31pm: The Dior show this afternoon ended with a bow by the forty-odd atelier staff who helped create the collection, in place of the traditional flamboyant Galliano pose. Christian Dior ceo Sidney Toledano made a statement, before the models - led by Karlie Kloss - took to the catwalk. The collection was very much focused on the brand's heritage, with an emphasis on daywear and accessories, and the finale was met by riotous applause by the assembled fashion watchers.
vogue.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anna Nilufer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->