Christian Dior F/W 11.12 Paris (See Post #1 for thread rules, before posting)

I dunno, I feel the opposite, I liked the messy, rakish and lush layered clothes at the beginning. I really loved the knee length boots and felt some of those looks were really strong. It felt like a naughty romp through the English countryside. I feel the dresses were just pale pastel crowd pleasers with only the two middle grey dresses in post 65 making me a little breathy.

For me it improved the further into the collection it for. I think there are genuinely lovely pieces being let down by the styling though. Love some of the shoes & boots. Everything aside, it is most definitely the end of an era

Last edited by a moderator:
I truly loved this show. From beginning to end. I shall certainly miss Galliano at Dior...

Gurl, you're not in Victoria's Secret Fashion Show :rofl:

The atelier bowing at the end was a touching yet sad moment! It showed that a great man has fallen, and a creative spirit has died.

The most beautiful part of the show was when the Dior atelier came out at the end.

This is so sad, it's better than Summer, but this is his last show, could be 10000000 better, good bye Galliano we'll miss you.

The atelier bowing at the end was a touching yet sad moment! It showed that a great man has fallen, and a creative spirit has died.
no, the creative spirit may have died for dior.

after seeing the whole collection; I like it! some of the ending dresses are gorgeous! :flower:

i feel divided. one pic and im like 'perfect', the next is 'again, that?' and then im like 'blah' and at then again 'woooow'.... some pieces are amazing, bags and shoes are adorable, colors are insanely pretty, but as everyone said, styling is bad....

I missed the drama from John, this is too sudden even himself wouldn't want to end this way.

It was overdue for him to be moved as displayed in this collection. I am not quite sure styling would have helped these clothes because they don't look that beautiful. For example, the pink dress on photo N°4 in post N°61 has no styling whatsoever and it still looks somewhat cheap and standard by what we were used to at Dior by Galliano.

Again, it's a horrible way for him to go, but I am not sure he would have designed something that great even if he was given the chance to as that magic was gone long ago. It always felt that he took more attention to his own look and exit than the garments he was designing.

Furthermore, I would like to think there is no excuse for this type of collection because John has done wearable before and excelled at as seen in collections from seasons like FW 2005, SS 2006, SS 2007, and others.

Let the new era begin !

the shoes get better and better! and i have to say this is a great collection. it really tells a story and has a lot of different views while being very cohesive. well done john. you will be missed.

even the dresses couldn't save this show however nice they were, can't wait for next season!!!!! :woot:

what saddens me the most is that - had he known this would be his last collection at dior, it would've been definitely different. I don't like that it's going to end with yet another ok-verging-on mediocre collection. the atelier at the end was very sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SebBlack
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->