Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2007 Paris

I was just checking the video from this collection a few days ago and as some of you said here, so far none of the newer collections have come up mixing a concept with the heritage of Dior as greately as this one, origami pattern making!! it still blows my mind!

Nice to see these pictures of old Galliano -- the crap he was putting out right before he got fired can't touch 2006-7

I was reading a print issue of Vogue Nippon May 2007 which I had purchased off eBay when I found an article about John Galliano and his spring couture 2007 collection for Christian Dior that contained a few pictures of the collection's 'Japan research diary,' which resembled a cross between a mood board and a multi-page brochure. I was enchanted by this beautiful research diary and Googled it to see if I could read the whole diary online.

Unfortunately, googling 'Dior japan research diary' not only didn't help me find the full diary, it didn't give me any results at all. I then tried googling 'Dior spring couture 2007' and adding the words 'Moodboard', 'research' and 'diary', but I still couldn't find any pictures of the diary.

Can someone please help me find somewhere I can read the full research diary for Dior spring couture 2007? I'll be over the moon if someone could help me!

I was reading a print issue of Vogue Nippon May 2007 which I had purchased off eBay when I found an article about John Galliano and his spring couture 2007 collection for Christian Dior that contained a few pictures of the collection's 'Japan research diary,' which resembled a cross between a mood board and a multi-page brochure. I was enchanted by this beautiful research diary and Googled it to see if I could read the whole diary online.

Unfortunately, googling 'Dior japan research diary' not only didn't help me find the full diary, it didn't give me any results at all. I then tried googling 'Dior spring couture 2007' and adding the words 'Moodboard', 'research' and 'diary', but I still couldn't find any pictures of the diary.

Can someone please help me find somewhere I can read the full research diary for Dior spring couture 2007? I'll be over the moon if someone could help me!
Can you post the pictures from your Vogue issue?

Here are the two pages featuring this research diary! So sorry about the quality, but my scanner is broken so I had to use my iPad. Also, the two photos were too large to post on this forum so I uploaded them to Imgur instead. Here's a link to the Imgur post of mine containing the photos These photos are from Vogue Nippon's May 2007 issue and feature John Galliano's 'Japan research diary' that he created during a trip to Japan in November 2006. Can someone help me find full-sized images from the research diary?

Those scrapbooks are not published. They were pretty much strictly in house and Dior likely gave vogue the treat of including those images specifically for that issue and that issue only. You can find rando images of his mood boards from those old BTS videos they used to do for the Dior shows but a lot of them are extremely blurry.

Maybe some of his scrapbooks are shown in the Dior designers of dreams exhibition? Can anyone who visited confirm or deny?

Update: I just visited my local library to scan this same image from Vogue Nippon May 2007, and I have the best quality version of the image that I could make. Hopefully this will help me find the full Japan research diary!

IMG_9261.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->