Cool necklaces...

adorefaith

i'm almost ready..
Reaction score
Margaret Solow's wabi-sabi necklace...

i started a general thread for beautiful rings and i love it...people have been posting the most amazing stuff...
so i thought it was about time we did the same thing for necklaces :woot:

post pieces you love...think are interesting...secretly covet...etc

maybe you make your own...want to show your latest necklace purchase...
or maybe you just think a particular necklace is fabulous....let's see.! :D

i love the idea of this..beautiful..:heart:

they seem so serene and unique..

737_wabisabi_v4.jpg

This piece was inspired by the Japanese philosophy of Wabi-Sabi.

Wabi-Sabi is the beauty of things imperfect...it is a beauty of things modest and humble...it is a beauty of things unconventional.

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]Wabi-Sabi reflects the natural beauty of things found in Nature; simple, imperfect, incomplete things.

Each necklace or bracelet is made with a piece of free form sterling silver, created by dropping pure molten silver into water. Like things in nature, no two are alike. The Wabi-Sabi piece is strung on a highly durable red cord. The red string borrows from Buddist and Kabalistic traditions, and will bring the wearer good luck and protection.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]http://nightingalejewelry.com/wabisabi.html[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
anatomical heart necklace

image.php

curiobot

Heart-shaped jewelry is getting predictable and tiresome. This literal take on the phrase "wear your heart on your sleeve" is abstract enough so as to distance itself from gross internal organ imagery... and at the same time, still very obviously resembles a human heart. Cheeky and pretty. A perfect gift for the scientist, biologist, doctor, or nurse in the family. Sterling silver.
http://www.curiobot.net/pages/Anatomical_Heart_Necklace.html

this is amazing...:woot:

speckled quail egg pendant

01a.jpg

Speckled Quail Egg Pendant
Lined with 23k Gold Leaf, this necklace casts a warm glow from within.
Pendant hangs from 18 inch 14 karat gold chain. Made from actual Japanese Quail eggs, they vary slightly in color and size - approximately 1 inch.. The entire shell has been coated in plastic for strength.
http://stephaniesimek.com/wearables/index.htm

piano key necklace..:heart:

bsps_bblessingneck_is1.jpg

Piano Keys don't typically evoke thoughts of delicate, hand-crafted necklaces laden with intricate sketches, but for jewelry designer Derek Cruz, of Black Sheep & Prodigal Sons, vintage ivory piano keys proved the perfect canvas for his latest collection: a limited-edition line of necklaces made exclusively for BBlessing in New York. Cruz used the keys (all pre-ban and taken from defunct pianos, so no worries about the origins of your ornament) to develop a five-piece collection that truly tells a story:
"After weighing the words "Black Sheep & Prodigal Sons" for some time, their blatant reference to outsiders and men seeking redemption caused a greater alien to rear its head—an only daughter among favored sons. Quiet and stern, she seeks no grandeur. With her are the bees, heralds of our awful stewardship of the world. These are the friends she keeps. Deprived of guidance, our daughter enters a hero's journey..."
Cruz adds that there are five visual chapters in the short story, three are currently available at BBlessing, and the final two are still to come.
Cruz's tale was inspired by a vintage portrait of a little Hungarian girl in a black dress and, of course, bees. A self-proclaimed bee buff (he's a member of a Beekeeper's Association), Cruz was fascinated by the current disappearance of these summertime stingers by the hundreds of thousands. The two characters and their story-line are all depicted on their own key—each one inlayed with ebony and 14k gold, blackened bezel in sterling silver; each hangs from an adjustable blackened sterling chain. Each piece comes wrapped in a beautiful handmade linden wood "book box" (made in the Carpathian mountains, with wood joints only, no nails or glue.
Derek Cruz of Black Sheep & Prodigal Sons Bendición Collection necklaces, $550 each, and is available at BBlessing, 181 Orchard Street (at Stanton Street); 212-378-8005.

http://www.refinery29.com/object_lesson/taking_notes.php?topcategory=shopping_news

^^I love those silver keays.I have similar ones.

Lovely choices, Adorefaith! Great thread, too... :heart:

A few necklaces I thought were lovely... :crush:

neck.jpg
Chronicles of Never

greypegcordxv3.jpg

Lady Grey

farrowsphereneckuh8.jpg
Andy Farrow

17292kg4.jpg

Iosselliani

17253xc7.jpg

Lisa Levine :heart:

ligiadias2instorykn7.jpg

Ligia Dias :heart::heart::heart:

sources: kabiri.co.uk & Refinery29

A few more... :flower:

g6354xt6.jpg

Les Fleurs

802891xraybhb2.jpg

Ach Ach Liebling

27360847wh6.jpg

Wired

89076502op4.jpg

Daughter of the Sun

80425221dl1.jpg

BMF Jewelry

38173806js9.jpg

Alisha Louise

sources: french touche, chocos, and stars & infinite darkness

More.. :ninja:

78495295jj3.jpg

B Jewelry

87767443mp5.jpg

Ema Takahashi

13443375cd8.jpg

AH Jewelry

97982191ci3.jpg

AH Jewelry
...There is something very Studio 54/Halston/Elsa Peretti about these..
probably why I absolutely adore them.. :heart:

31210157yt1.jpg

Amenda Tate

46896386th7.jpg

Bethany Cocco

source: stars & infinite darkness

Last batch... I promise... :blush:

I'm rly loving chokers @ the moment for some reason... :ermm:

107a2sh2.jpg

Vintage

124a2jq2.jpg

Vintage

143a2rv8.jpg

Vintage

35679164le1.jpg

Veronica Riley Martens

89743890wi4.jpg

Sophia Raja Jewelery

sources: day-lab & stars & infinite darkness

don't hide wiw...you can post forever.! :woot: :heart:
thank you for posting...

i love so many of those...the 'Ach Ach Liebling' pendant with the hand is particularly compelling....so beautiful...do you have any more info on that piece.?

you reminded me of another one i love [and still want to try to make at home]..

by lanyard...
lanknt_regular.jpg

oaknyc

great thread....so many lovely things posted here...

:heart:

You're welcome, Adorefaith... :heart:

wcngfvulc1lhd4.jpg

1890s Vulcanite + R.G. Watch Chain Necklace

source: eriebasin

I completely missed your question, Adorefaith...
My apologies.. :flower:
To answer -
About the designer...
Ach Ach Liebling | USA

Wordsmith, plasticsmith and all-around bricoleur, Joanna Petrone sells her hand-fabricated jewelry under the company name Ach Ach Liebling (which means "oh oh darling" in German). Born and raised in downtown Manhattan, Joanna migrated to California to attend Stanford, where she wrote a thesis on lesbian pulp fiction of the 1950s and graduated with a degree in English Literature. An impassioned reader and writer still, Joanna amuses herself by inserting language jokes and games and storybook allusions into her jewelry works, sometimes by nature and sometimes by design.
A runaway art project involving plastics and paperback book covers was the impetus behind Joanna's first experimental jewelry line. A hearty stint researching and experimenting with the processes and materials led to Joanna to developed the handsome, durable line of plastic pendants that are now a mainstay of Ach Ach Liebling.
In addition to hand-fabricated plastics and printing processes, Joanna uses metal, wood, lucite, celluloid, often incorporating vintage materials into her work. She takes inspiration from old postcards, Fassbinder movies, zoos, Victorian children's books, Antarctica, 19th c. naturalist field guides and ornithology handbooks, deep sea exploration, cities, and candy.
A perennial student, Joanna is currently learning metalsmithing at the Revere Jewelry Academy in San Francisco.

*The necklace itself -
Hangs on 18" of red brass chain. Pendant is hand-sawn from plastic and print is protected from the elements by a thin resin layer. Portrait is approx. 1" tall.
source: stars & infinite darkness

Best bit - the necklace is only $36!

Today's findings... :ninja:

my.php
zippernecklaces480ch5.jpg

by designers Frans van Nieuwenborg and Martijn Wegman (made in 1974!)

pph10309lhw9.jpg

by designer Monica Castiglioni

feltnecklacelightblue48mr3.jpg

by designer Claudy Jongstra

source: moss

what a great variety of things being posted in here :heart:

if i stumble across anything exceptional I'll be sure to come and post it in here :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->