CR Fashion Book #12 : Cardi B by Petra Collins & Zendaya by Mario Sorrenti

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Cardi B by Petra Collins:

Zendaya by Mario Sorrenti:

I don't care about Cardi B, but what have they done to Zendaya? They managed to make such a beautiful girl look horrible and whitewashed. Yikes, her covers are terrible in my opinion.

Wow very pleasantly surprised by Cardi's covers! She looks so glamorous.

I remain having less than zero interest on Zendaya tho.

This is easily the most high fashion Cardi has looked so far. The second cover is just beautiful!

I don't care about Zendaya's to be honest.

There's currently nobody as annoying and tacky as this Cardi B person. Even more than Kim Kardashian. So of course Carine would jump to cover her. It is indeed a 'crazy reality' to see her on the cover of a high fashion magazine.

Hope there will be more covers because these two are not doing anything for me.

I like them, they look like album covers imo.

Photos are pretty good, but the lettering is atrocious! Ruins the covers completely...

Cardi looks amazing. I'm shocked.

As for Zendaya's I don't really care about it. It's alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is all just a bit too Dazed & Confused for me, and leave it to Carine Roitfeld to jump on the Cardi B movement so quickly.

Cardi in a stripmall weave, false eyelashes and tacky stripper acrylic nails… looking like those desktop-published magazines about huge bums in tacky lingerie. HF really is stooping that low these days...

The less mentioned— and hopefully seen of that Zendaya person, the better.

Carine is showing her desperation to be down with the kidz nowadays more than ever. Hideous covers.

Cardi in a stripmall weave, false eyelashes and tacky stripper acrylic nails… looking like those desktop-published magazines about huge bums in tacky lingerie. HF really is stooping that low these days...

The less mentioned— and hopefully seen of that Zendaya person, the better.

Carine is showing her desperation to be down with the kidz nowadays more than ever. Hideous covers.

Hahahahaha

Carine is making it very hard for me to defend her. I don't hate the idea of her going for Cardi B, I hate the execution. It was bound to happen at some stage anyway because Carine seems to love these infamous type of bottom-of-the-barrel celebs (Paris > Kim > Jeremy Meeks > Cardi B.) There's a trick to showcasing them in HF though. You can't play up to their obvious vulgar strengths (case in point: this cover), show them in a different light.

^Carine always said that she is very fond of this kind of celebrities and pop culture. So i am not surprised to see Cardi B. I don't expect anything from this magazine so they can put whoever they want seriously i dont care.

The cover with Cardi B is styled by one of Carine assistants and Zendaya is styled by Carine herself directed by Riccardo Tisci. Two great minds , one big mess.

As I had no idea who Cardi B is I had to google her after reading all those comments :lol: Anyway, her covers look good except for those scary impractical nails.

I love Cardi B for some reason and I think it’s fun. Zendaya’s cover is a little bit too pretentious for my taste and very forced.
That being said what I like about the idea of a Cardi B is a «*contre-emploi*». Instead of this thing, it would have been more interesting to style her in a very modern, slick and classy way like what MAS did with Nicki Minaj not too long ago.

Since being introduced to the modern hip-hop scene by Riccardo, Carine never went back. And as I stylist to Phillipp Plein, this doesn’t surprise me at all.
I can already expect The Migos being on a cover of the men edition.
I prefer that to any insta-person to be honest.

I love me some Cardi B, she may not be an intellectual but she is very entertaining.
I think Cardi's covers are appropriate and Zendaya's covers look as lackluster as she is.

I love Cardi B. To work hard and be at least successful of her work and a pay off. And I love how she stays true to her root. Also I prefer her cover here. Zendaya's concept would work better if she were a model.

Second covers of Cardi B by Petra Collins and Zendaya by Mario Sorrenti
Source: hypebae.com

Attachments

• cardi-b-zendaya-cr-fashion-book-march-issue-12-00.jpg
    cardi-b-zendaya-cr-fashion-book-march-issue-12-00.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 30
Zendaya's covers were not necessary here, Cardi B may not be everyone's cup of tea but she is an important cultural element and she killed it here.

Not sure if I should make new thread for this or not. But, in the meantime I will put it here.

CR Men's Book Issue 6: Rheed McCracken & Liam Malone by Steven Klein

27337102_10155463367928031_25598336285344691_n.jpg

Source wwd.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screenstarmakeup
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->