• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

CR Fashion Book #5 : Beyoncé by Pierre Debusschere

Beyonce's always beautiful, but every aspect of her image is so "managed" that there's not much about her that interests me at the moment.

As Carine is MaxMara's stylist, she was believed to have sent sketches (or something along those lines) that she received from Balenciaga to MaxMara. That's why she wasn't invited at Balenciaga's shows anymore and Balenciaga was never in Vogue Paris.

But I don't know what it has to do with this issue?

Beyoncé looks kinda interesting, but it doesn't sizzle. The previews are boring.

^ And I'm not a fan of CR Fashion Book, but this cover is great!

Whenever I look at Carine's work post VP it just amplifies the fact that it takes a great team to create a great magazine. She has yet to impress me since VP, eventhough that magazine produced some incredible stories and issues under her. CR Fashion Book always underwhelms and her work at Haper's is even less stimulating. Though she is a master editor and stylist, she needs a better team to capture novelty and provocativeness. To capture greatness.

Is it me or is the roof that Gigi is on the same as the roof Steven Meisel shot Kate Upton on for Vogue Italia?

Is it me or is the roof that Gigi is on the same as the roof Steven Meisel shot Kate Upton on for Vogue Italia?

It does look very similar! Also the pics itself, it doesn't help that Gigi looks very bomshell-ish too.

The main cover is quite good, but I prefer the preview shot as the cover, so unless there's an alternate cover I shall not be getting this. I find Beyonce just as insufferable as Angelina Jolie. I cant wait for these 2 women to retire!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really sorry to say this, but magazine is a trash can. With lack of good contributors, which is ovious due to their exclusive contract with Conde Nast and other mess going on with this scandalous story between Jonathan Newhouse and Carine: you may remember he cautioned photographers who are contracted to Condé Nast do not forget about their contracts and think twice before contribute to Roitfeld's new publication. It is related not only to exclusives (like Sims, Mert and Marcus), but just to contracts like Sorrenti, Mario Testino, Steven Klein and Terry Richardson for instance - they all working for V magazine from the same publishing house as CR. So the only good contributors left to her are Bruce Weber, Karl Lagerfeld and let`s say Tom Ford and dat`s not enought for bi-monthly publication, she is trying too hard to reveal new talents and push some photographers but let`s be honest, she havent ever been strong in this, she can discover new models but not photographers (remember this story with Mark Segal while he was even more regular in VP than Mario Testino, she pushed him way too hard, however i don`t think that it helps his career took off actually. All that`s going in her magazine novadays reminds me days of her work in ELLE France and hardly those glorious days of her free lance with Testino and starting of work in VP, when she was the best, most provocative, zeitgeist trendsetter creating fashion, style and desire to "buy it all from this picture"! Because, seriously, this is the only thing that matters in fashion and what all mags should be about - it`s evoking desire, selling a dream and clothes which accompanies.

No fan of Beyoncé, but this cover is decent.

Ugh... Beyonce doesn't do much for me here... The content doesn't feel as exciting as it used to back when carine was in VP. There's an edge missing to it somehow...

Compared with other september publications I'm not especially impressed with CR book. I'd say even the sep issue of VP was better than this...

I am really sorry to say this, but magazine is a trash can. With lack of good contributors, which is ovious due to their exclusive contract with Conde Nast and other mess going on with this scandalous story between Jonathan Newhouse and Carine: you may remember he cautioned photographers who are contracted to Condé Nast do not forget about their contracts and think twice before contribute to Roitfeld's new publication. It is related not only to exclusives (like Sims, Mert and Marcus), but just to contracts like Sorrenti, Mario Testino, Steven Klein and Terry Richardson for instance - they all working for V magazine from the same publishing house as CR. So the only good contributors left to her are Bruce Weber, Karl Lagerfeld and let`s say Tom Ford and dat`s not enought for bi-monthly publication, she is trying too hard to reveal new talents and push some photographers but let`s be honest, she havent ever been strong in this, she can discover new models but not photographers (remember this story with Mark Segal while he was even more regular in VP than Mario Testino, she pushed him way too hard, however i don`t think that it helps his career took off actually. All that`s going in her magazine novadays reminds me days of her work in ELLE France and hardly those glorious days of her free lance with Testino and starting of work in VP, when she was the best, most provocative, zeitgeist trendsetter creating fashion, style and desire to "buy it all from this picture"! Because, seriously, this is the only thing that matters in fashion and what all mags should be about - it`s evoking desire, selling a dream and clothes which accompanies.

Bless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->