• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

CR Fashion Book #5 : Beyoncé by Pierre Debusschere

I do like the cover, and the shot with her wearing the coat in the edit but idk. I feel like I've read so much about Beyonce, seen her literally everywhere, that there's nothing new she could possibly offer (for this year at least).

I just got my issue today, and I have to say it is absolutely stunning. the eds that have been released have NOTHING on the rest of the content.

The New Normal-Conchita Wurst and Ashleigh Good by Karl Lagerfeld

Faces-ji hye park, xiao wen ju, grace mahary, candice huffine, lindsey wixson, elizabeth ammerman, charlotte free, nellie blue, pamela anderson, isabeli fontana,imaan hammam, suki waterhouse, Anya lyagoshina, mona matsuoka, jacquelyn jablonski,diane von furstenberg, liya kebede, alys hale, jakob landvik,lida fox, linda rodin, neelam gil, velentijn de hingh, daria strokous by johnny dufort

macro-all jewelry by brigitte niedermair

bonheur, chanel meets five young designers- natalie westling and lida fox by harley weir

boom- self portraits by boom boom bryan

legends- lara stone, kim williams, julien d'ys, serge lutens, bob mackie, china machado, stephen burrows, paul cavaco, neville brody, james galanos, north west by michael avedon

that's the first half of the issue, ill post the other half in another post.

plain white- gigi hadid sebastian faena

queen b- beyonce by pierre debusschere

bedtime stories-lexi boling by pamela hanson

the net-carey murphy, candice huffine, kristyna m by brigitte niedermair

the outsiders- valery kaufman, madison stubbington, roxy, harleth kuusik mathier cesar

in the realm of the senses-saskia de brauw by julien d'ys

there are stories to accompany a few of the editorials as well, i didn't include the authors. also its safe to say about 3/5 of this issue is advertisements, but its well worth it.

here are a few of my scans of Faces

Attachments

• img001.jpg
    img001.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 33
  • img002.jpg
    img002.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 25
  • img003.jpg
    img003.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 23
  • img004.jpg
    img004.jpg
    520.7 KB · Views: 28
I am really sorry to say this, but magazine is a trash can. With lack of good contributors, which is ovious due to their exclusive contract with Conde Nast and other mess going on with this scandalous story between Jonathan Newhouse and Carine: you may remember he cautioned photographers who are contracted to Condé Nast do not forget about their contracts and think twice before contribute to Roitfeld's new publication. It is related not only to exclusives (like Sims, Mert and Marcus), but just to contracts like Sorrenti, Mario Testino, Steven Klein and Terry Richardson for instance - they all working for V magazine from the same publishing house as CR. So the only good contributors left to her are Bruce Weber, Karl Lagerfeld and let`s say Tom Ford and dat`s not enought for bi-monthly publication, she is trying too hard to reveal new talents and push some photographers but let`s be honest, she havent ever been strong in this, she can discover new models but not photographers (remember this story with Mark Segal while he was even more regular in VP than Mario Testino, she pushed him way too hard, however i don`t think that it helps his career took off actually. All that`s going in her magazine novadays reminds me days of her work in ELLE France and hardly those glorious days of her free lance with Testino and starting of work in VP, when she was the best, most provocative, zeitgeist trendsetter creating fashion, style and desire to "buy it all from this picture"! Because, seriously, this is the only thing that matters in fashion and what all mags should be about - it`s evoking desire, selling a dream and clothes which accompanies.

Preach!

To be honest, CR Fashion Book and most of Carine's work for Bazaar have all left me cold. This is the best cover they have produced so far. You can really see how lackluster Carine's work have become without the right team (et al photographers). I'm sorry but none of those posted from the review above excites me.. even though I haven't even seen them yet. It just gets tiring

Beyonce looks so great here.... what a wonderful cover! And the accompanying editorial is very well done too.

Beyonce looks great. One of my favourite editorials from her.

And apparently Beyonce is the one that approached Carine saying she wants to be on the cover. Beyonce's power. haha

And Carine said that the cover is her proudest picture in her career.

I just got this issue the other day and I'm a little disappointed. The ads to content ratio is staggering.

Some Snaps:

"The Outsiders"

"Bedtime Stories"

my snaps

Last edited by a moderator:
The Outsiders
Photographer: Mathieu Cesar
The 60's revisited by Melanie Huynh

same source above

Gigi can leave already. How does she even have time from the shootings of her mom's reality show? Love the Faces ed - I wish the images were bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->