Crew neck to a V-neck

baldy12

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was wondering if someone could direct me to the right link/provide me information regarding how to make a t-shirt thas a crew neck (round and tight) to a V-neck (see: american apparel v-necks). I'd be super appreciative. Thanks in advance!

its actually quite simple - though i do suggest buying an old top from a thrift store to make sure its the right look you are going for. What you do is cut a slit from the neck line in the centre down as far as you want the v to go. This will create two triangles on each side. Cut the two flaps to an inch from where they naturally fold over to - note you might like to iron the folds in so that you know what it will look like. Then sew the flaps down close to the folds. Then to stop the fraying at the end of the slit you have made, blanket stitch the edges. Its also good to add a few beads or a bow or whatever on top of the blanket stick to hide the stitches a bit - i usually go for a few simple glass beads - the real tiny ones - in a wavy line in a corresponding colour. That is it really. quite simple. can do it by hand or by machine. If the fabric is stretchy a bit just remember not to do the stitches too tight or they wont look fab like they should. Hope that helps you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->