Crystal Studded Cell Phones

brian said:
yes, her phone was done by nyc peach. but i distinctly remember her lying about it in an interview once... she said she did it herself and that it took her "5 hours" ... :angry:
Oh please. Paris isn't that dexterious.

I want to get my phone crystalized, but everyone gets these cheap stick ons of hearts and stuff. No. I want black crystals, that would be so cool.

Diorling said:
Oh please. Paris isn't that dexterious.

I want to get my phone crystalized, but everyone gets these cheap stick ons of hearts and stuff. No. I want black crystals, that would be so cool.

You can pick whatever design you want and color. The Crystals they use are Swarovski crystals.

It looks cute, but isn't it uncomfortable when ur holding it? Or if your hands r busy and u hold the phone with ur shoulder, wont it bother or put it at risk for the stones falling off?

they nyc peach website says that Paris did do her own phone before she discovered them... but now she uses them for everything :flower:

so possibly she was not lying, depending on which phone she was referring to? not that I'm a Paris fan, but when I read this on the nyc website I was shocked at how apparantly....creative.....? Paris could supposedly be, I would not have given her that much credit :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that idea...they are just so pricey though!

I too had attempted to do mine, but its really not that good of an idea, because placeing the stones is terribly tedious!

I just did the chanel c's on my sidekick in black crystals, and pink crystals on the rest. Its so hot!Im also doing my mason pearson brush! I love it!If u think its tacky then u obviously dont know what your talking about!What girl doesnt want a pink phone? I'll post pics later!but yeah..Im thinking bout going into the stonin'phone buisness..So if u want yours done u should hollla..

RICHBICH said:
I just did the chanel c's on my sidekick in black crystals, and pink crystals on the rest. Its so hot!Im also doing my mason pearson brush! I love it!If u think its tacky then u obviously dont know what your talking about!What girl doesnt want a pink phone? I'll post pics later!but yeah..Im thinking bout going into the stonin'phone buisness..So if u want yours done u should hollla..
That is so cool, the double-c looks good on everything.

I like doing crafts and the such where do you get these loose crystals?

You can buy the crytsals on ebay...I would recommened swarovski flatback in size 9ss.Thats the best size! p.s. its addicting! Im currently doing a wild design on my mason p brush..It looks so swweeett!

Ok, Im all over it...This is soo exciting.

This is a dumb question but do the little crystals have sticky backs or do you need glue?

what kind of glue do u recommend using? and where can you buy it and how much? thx

regular super glue will work fine ..Be careful not to use to much though.. You should also use a toothpick dipped in wax to pick the stones up with..

RICHBICH said:

I personally like the idea of crystal studded accessories (something about it appeals to the 5 year old in me that is still obsessed with unicorns and glitter); however, I think that it is extremely ignorant and rude to say someone doesn't know what they are talking about because they disagree with your opinions on style.... it's a respect thing. and I can definately say that a lot of girls wouldn't want a pink phone...:flower:

Richbitch, (I love typing that lol) I also have a sidekick2 and would like a design on it. Can you post pictures of yours so that I may see your work. NYPeach doesn't have any designs on their site I'm crazy about.

I was simply pointing out that you should be respectfull of differing opinions.

I personally think that crystal-studded phones are sort of guady. However, just a small design with crystals is ok with me. I prefer to stick with my default silver though.:flower:

I guess if you have nopt seen one in person you might think it was gaudy. In person, I think it looks beautiful, it reminds me of a Judith Lieber evening clutch. I can not remember where I was reading this statement but the article stated that your cell phone was your most seen accessory. I agree with that, I love swarovski crystal, to me it is soooo beautiful.

Please, if you do this yourself.. do not use superglue.. I guess no one listened to me when I said that the stones do fall off eventually.. and if you drop it.. god. you're screwed.. you need a super industrial adhesive, not super-glue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliesAreLovely
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->