DBC for Project Management Conferences

fashON

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Finally got a job in the fashion industry!
So, last year I started as an Associate Creative Project Manager and the company will be sending us to project management networking events. There's a big summit in June in St. Louis and I thought it would be a good idea to create a digital business card instead of giving the traditional ones.

That brings me to my question - has anyone used DBCs? How did you decide which solution to go for? I see there are several with great reviews in the market and it would help if I could get a recommendation. One thing - there will be some restructuring in the company near the end of the year and there's a good chance I'll be promoted. Is it possible to update the job position on a digital card without sending a new one?

Thank you in advance!

Congratulations! And fingers crossed for you to get that promotion! I love St. Louis and I hope you'll manage to also have some fun there!

Now, to answer your question - yes, you can update your information without having to send a new batch for example with the one I use, Beaconstac. I picked them primarily because of the integrations they offer. Also, you can share their cards via social media, URL, QR Code, and Google and Apple Wallet pass, which was a major thing for me. I am sharing a list of the best e-business card makers so you can compare them on the spot.

If you don't mind me asking, since you are a project manager, which software do you use? I started a small business some time ago and it's becoming painfully obvious that I really need a good tool to keep track of everything.

Thanks a million, the list you shared is everything I needed and more! Wouldn't even think of some of the factors mentioned, like bulk card creation and (embarrassingly enough) security. We do project management with Jira here, our Director of Project Management mentioned scrum methodology as the main reason for this choice. Since you mentioned integrations being a factor for you, Jira offers an endless list, so possibly the tools you already use will be there too. Just to add, I've never been to St. Louis and I can't wait for June! Not to mention that there will be a Foodie Tour as a part of this RPS.

I was considering Jira anyway (hope it's not too difficult to find your way around...), but now I looked deeper into the tools it integrates with, and boy, is it impressive! I think I also picked a workflow management software that I was planning to get along the way and accidentally discovered there, so double-thank you! And make sure you try toasted ravioli, they are the main reason why I keep coming back to St. Louis whenever I can :beamingwsmilingeyes:

Toasted ravioli - here I come! Seriously, I'm glad we could help each other :smile: Don't worry, you will figure it out. And since you'll be using Jira for project management, you can explore other options with it (for example, it can be used as a CRM tool too). But one step at a time. And by the way, thanks to the list you sent, I made my decision :smile:

Hey, how is that business of yours going? Is Jira serving you well? Just wanted to say that toasted ravioli are my new favorite dish! Wow, I was missing so much!

Happy to hear you liked them! Going great, thanks for asking. No issues but Jira issues :beamingwsmilingeyes: Seriously, we are taking steps to expand internationally (I wrote about it here at some point, it's an e-commerce store where I gathered a group of local designers) and there's so much to do! Doing market research, solving logistics, we need to translate sizing properly, the list is long. Basically, we follow the guide with the best practices, and hopefully, that will do. Now tell, me did you share many of your fancy new digital cards at the conference?

Sounds like you're having a busy summer, good luck with the international market! I did, actually, and I can tell you that many people also had them digital. So glad I decided to go that way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->