Designer messenger bags

Reaction score
Hi,
I'd like some help in finding the perfect messenger bag that's "high end" enough to be seen in the workplace. It should be leather, classic-styled, and equipped with functional compartments. I've been searching high and low for something stylish...people have recommended Miu Miu, Mulberry, Balenciagia but I looked on their websites and nothing really strikes me as worthwhile.

It's just that right now I carry a medium handbag for all my personal items (wallet, cell phone, etc) and then a larger tote for office paperwork and it's just really inconvenient. I don't know why but I'm one of those weird women who have trouble keeping a bag slung over her shoulder. I just want my hands free! So that's why I really want a nice messenger bag that can accommodate everything....do those even exist or am I being too idealistic?

They do exist but how much are you willing to pay tops?
At the end of the day thats the biggest problem

I'd say LV messengers, Utah or Taiga are the only leather messengers. Graphite and Damier would be nice too for office (and sturdy canvas). or get a tumi messenger.

balenciaga:
the mens day
the besace
the part time
the flat messenger

mulberry:
check out the mens bags. not the womens bags. they are classy. i forget the style names, but there are several smaller messenger style bags.

miu miu:
the coffer

proenza schouler:
the PS1 bag

i like to keep my hands free as well. i think if i didnt have messenger style bag i might be apt to lose it...:cry::cry:

I would highly recommend the XL Muse from YSL. I have been using this for years, and the leather has held up incredibly well. I think they have increased their prices now, so the oversized might be over 2k. But it can easily fit a 13 - 15" laptop and A4/8.5x11" pages. Plus it has compartments for wallet/keys/phone. I just find that it looks great and holds up well. I carry it on my shoulder so it frees up my hands. Other than that, my suggestion would be the Fendi Twins tote. Not sure of the price (we have a thread which should that info in it) but it's professional and stylish. I think the newer versions come with a long strap (which means you could wear it on your shoulder or messenger style) but if not, getting one made by a shoeperson (who usually deals with leather) is pretty easy.

Thank you all soo much! Those were all great suggestions! I'm going to go look into them now.

I don't know why but I never thought to look in the men's line of all the luxury handbag labels. Ugh, so stupid. I guess I was kind of afraid of bags looking too masculine but now that I see them, I am totally in love. Yeah, so I'll look a little out of place among the rest of the ladies in the office but who cares. I wear pants all the time anyway so it might not look that weird to be carrying a messenger instead of a tote. And plus, I'd be carrying it like a briefcase in the office. It's just going to/from work and having to deal with people on the street and riding the metro that makes me wish I wasn't carrying so much crap with my hands all the time. :smile:

^ You could also add a scarf or something if you decide to dress it up ... but I find something very plain but perfect can really look luxurious and allow you to see the beauty of the leather & hardware.

i also forgot to mention the YSL besace. its highly practical.

i saw either balenciaga; i have their besace messenger w/ a flap and it looks so good on (even better once it's worn a lot).

also, i would definitely suggest proenza schouler's ps1 bag--even though it's womens, if you got a black, leather one, i think that would be perfect! not too feminine, but it's the perfect size and the quality is great!

^Well, I am a woman so I'd prefer for it to be more feminine....but you're right the PS1 bag is amazing. OMG. I want it now! The YSL Besace is gorgeous but perhaps a bit too small since I'd like to occasionally stuff a laptop in there.

I also found another one: Miu Miu bow bag!! Ahh, so gorgeous. Except I can't find it being sold anywhere online.

3404935795_1d3514c2eb_o.png

3404935973_f2bc96bd93_o.png

AHH! So many choices!!! :-O

oh! sorry! for some reason, i thought you were male! whenever i hear the term "messenger bag" i automatically think of men's bags. sorry, sunday!

anyway, out of all the bags mentioned above, definitely go for the proenza schouler one! they're classic.

i would also suggest just strolling through your local tod's store or bally store. just to see what they have.

SundayMornings
, you need to provide an image source or your post will be deleted.

^I don't know how to go back and edit to put in the image source. It doesn't seem to let me do that. :(

- - - -

BTW, I found another one: Alexander McQueen Flapper Messenger Bag
16½"W X 12"H X 5"D = perfect dimensions!! and I love the grayish/stone color.

3408941568_668a3a61b1_o.png

3408941670_b8449a15c1_o.png

source: www.saksfifthavenue.com/

^ You have 10 minutes to edit your posts ... after that you can just post the source anywhere in the thread. Is it Saks as well?

^I'm pretty sure the Miu Miu bow bag photos came from net-a-porter.com but I went back there today and I can't seem to find it listed so I don't know anymore. I searched everywhere. Where the heck did I get them!? Why did I forget to source?! Probably it was one of my 4am posts. Anyway, take the photos down if you must. Sorry about that.

another vote for the PS1! the Balenciagas are too.... edgy for an office place imo. check out the Bayswaters or Mabels from Mulberry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->