Good Bags For Books

Glamourina

Reaction score
Hi you guys, I'm new here, and I'm really excited to find a place where you can discuss fashion in depth and not be called "shallow" :angry: . Anyhoo, I would like to find a nice, high-end bag that is roomy enough for school books, binders, etc, for class, and just random junk when I'm not in school. I'm in college and I am currently using a messenger bag I got in New York, one from the NYC Subway line. I really like it, but I'm getting tired of it, and want something less trendy and more classy that I can keep forever. It needs to be big and durable and I'd like it to be something that every sorority girl here at school does NOT have (Murakami pochette, anyone?). I was thinking of one the larger Suhali bags, but if anyone has any better ideas, or knows of any other bags that would work as well and not cost as much as a car, it would be really great. Thanks so much!

hmmm -- some girls here have those nylon erve chapelier bags, but i know those don't hold up well. there's also this line of luggage called John Hart and they're famouse for the very nice leather and nylon bags and you can have your initials put on them. i have a duffle bag by them and my sister uses one of their tote bags as a bookbag. IMO i think they look very classy.

Umm...there are already like ten posts on this subject. You might want to check them out. :flower:

I know just what you mean. I was looking for a bag for school last year, and I didnt want anything that would scream DESIGNER!! I found a black monogram tote bag from Gucci's luggage line. Its really large and roomy, and I use it a lot when I travel too. The fact that its black canvas means that it never looks dirty.I just saw Cameron Diaz in pictures walking around with the beige/brown one... I think they still make the bag, and it definitely is worth a look.

i just looked for john hart on google. i don't think their going to be that accessible to you. from what i'm reading i think their a southern thing and they don't sell them online. sorry -- i'm no help. but i still think a john hart bag would bag would be a great bookbag :flower:

I bought a great book bag last year, an Irish designer named Orla Kiely. She makes great tote style bags amongst other things!

Here's a pic of one on EBay currently. The one I have is made of thick wool felt (green colour) with yellow leather handles.

Happy hunting!

:wink:

Attachments

• orla1.jpg
    orla1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->