A Bag For Your Books - School Bag Recommendations

Hate backpacks. They remind me of middle school. Ok for hiking, but not much else.

I have this problem too....I just started my A-Levels (UK) and I have like 3 textbooks a day to carry plus various other folders and books. At the moment im using a vintage brown leather shoulder bag with long handles, kind of looks a bit like a satchel - but it's so heavy! A decent looking backpack would be so much easier!

sorry, can't help with finding a better bookbag since I'm going to rock my ugly backpack this year at OSU. If there was a better-looking alternative (and I agree about not liking messengers; for me, I feel lopsided and like I'm about to keel over or something), I'd do that immediately. But I'm just going to school to learn, so I don't really mind. But then again, I don't dress to the nines when I go to school. I heard that some women use giant handbags to carry their books. Maybe that could work?
fr.jpg

http://www.net-a-porter.com/images/product/16127/xlarge/fr.jpg

well atm as you know massive handbags are a big trend .. so there everywere .. i just use one of them .. or ive got loads of those thi fisherman'esqe cloth hippy bags that go across your body that i use on dry days .. i just play about .. theres plenty of big bags around you just need to look :flower:

I use canvas tote bags from museums. They never cost more than $20 and they some in all sorts of sizes and colors. I usually ScotchGuard the fabric. Here are some examples.

63l2er6.jpg
4lsbiq8.jpg
4mjxsec.jpg

metmuseum.org

Last edited by a moderator:
how about an old style military backpack that come with the option of wearing as a backpack? i used something like this a bit in HS (wwi or wwi european canvas bag) which i bought in NYC at a random army surplus/"vintage" store. ...perhaps not as stylish or well-done as you were thinking, but it was certainly different and durable, but not always comfortable.

or look into streetwear brands (looks cool...on dudes), brooklyn industries, victorinox (comfortable and durable).

in the end, i like the idea of a satchel (like the example in the first response) if not a messenger.

I use a giant brown canvas shoulder bag and I put some band pins (The Clash, The Damned) on it so it wouldn't look so ordinary.

how about a leather backpack? Those are quite nice and stylish
These here are backpacks used by little kids in Japan--it's called randoseru
randoseru-tuyaari.jpg

cosak.co.jp

Prada and Raf Simons have backpacks out now too

those Prada backpacks are so expensive :(
i use a brown bag from UO, it's canvas and it holds quite a lot.

I need to carry at least 4 books + a lot of assignments + my water bottle and plenty of stuff everyday so I can't live without my backpack!I love backpacks because they are the only bags which can ease my shoulders' pain!Actually a lot of backpacks look really stylish with different prints,even if they are from some sport brands.Like eastpak,outdoor,they are more practical because of their materials.You can also look for the vintage leather one or military backpack,they match quite a lot of outfits!I use daypack to school and a vintage canvas one when hanging out^_^If you don't like backpacks you may try tote!
handmadeleather_1962_1034466

yahoo jp,ebay

that brown one is gorgeous^ :shock: such a nice soft colour

I generally stick with messangers. Backpacks make me look like a turtle. :lol: I'd rather be a lopsided human than a vertical turtle. :P

Few more:
i1140599_bag.jpg

^the left one is leather while the right one is canvas

^one of my friends is using the left one(she's a girl) and it carries quite a lot.more importantly, it definitely won't make you look like a nerd nor a turtle!:lol:
[pics uploaded by me]

Last edited by a moderator:
A little passe but Kate Spade makes great larger baby backpacks. I am a fan of the messenger myself (I have six of her messengers) for school. Plus they are nylon and wipe clean easily and look more put together than an average North Face backpack.

I just resort to giant handbags, and tell my self that my right shoulder has always been lower than my left.

I dont use backpacks for nothing else but camping, I have a white marc jacobs one :ninja:

b95f_1.JPG

egay.com

london based ally capellino has some perfect school/ work bags that get better with age
frogs_pierre.jpg

conservative_vivian.jpg

wideboy_wilbur.jpg

(from cappelino.com)

^that bag is super cute.. i completely understand :P not wrong at all :wink:

and i really like the design of the orange bag in travis' post.. and the black one behind it, if he they colour it forest green instead :lucky:

nice choices, guys! i actually didn't realise useful bags could look quite nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->