A Bag For Your Books - School Bag Recommendations

I've been using tote bags since I was a freshman and so far so good. actually, come to think of it, most girls i know use totes

guisthat "randoseru" is very cute but do they run any bigger and where can i find them?

hi mark j
the pictures are from this website: http://www.cosak.co.jp/rando_zentai.htm
looks like they are around the $400 price range

they're part of the traditional japanese school uniform for elementary school children
so the sizes are usually small
I hear traditionally, red is for girls, black is for boys, but nowadays they come in all colours

another website http://www.randoseru.com/ :lucky:

also.. i just read about someone going through ebay and found one with a lower price :smile:

good luck!

i had a over size bag.. but the bag didn't held it because of the wight.. laptop,books, magazines.. so back to the eastpacks

Longchamps Le Pliage (large)- easy to carry on your shoulder and can carry just about anything. I love mine! And you can create your own or choose from a wide variety of colors on their web site.

Ok so school is starting !! I need a handback or a tote for my university. I want something that would look good at school when I wear jeans, but also when I go out and I wear something chic. Is that possible at a good price(and since good is relative, I will mention below 500$!!)??

Also I have another question little bit off topic! If for example you have absolutely no money to purchase a designer bag, do you still go in the designer shops to check them out? If yes what do you say the salesperson if they ask you if you want to purchase or what you are looking for?I never been in a LV shop for example but I would like to see how the bags are. Can you help me overcome my fear of salespersons ?? lol
Thanks !!

i carry a lot of stuff, this is one of my bag

l078-2.jpg

a reporter sling bag. i have another bag that i use more often, but i can't find the picture @_@ it's black, and a bit bigger than this.

Also I have another question little bit off topic! If for example you have absolutely no money to purchase a designer bag, do you still go in the designer shops to check them out? If yes what do you say the salesperson if they ask you if you want to purchase or what you are looking for?I never been in a LV shop for example but I would like to see how the bags are. Can you help me overcome my fear of salespersons ?? lol
Thanks !!

Anyone can go in a fancy shop as long as they have confidence and a true passion for the designer! I know I go in sometimes to just browse. I'll ask questions and such to get a better feeling and knowledge of the bags. The salespeople can be intimidating, but as long as they see that you're truly interested they shouldn't get on your case.

You must not have many books to carry then. Haha. I feel like I'd need something much bigger like the Longchamp Le Pliage.

i think if you need something bigger than the longchamp maybe you're carrying too much...it's really bad for your shoulders

i think if you need something bigger than the longchamp maybe you're carrying too much...it's really bad for your shoulders

I bought a Longchamp today, and it's fine. :] I always need bigger bags though, to be able to fit my laptop in. I carry it in my arms most of the time but if I need my arms free for some reason, I have the luxury of putting it in my bag. I also like bigger totes cos a lot of the time I like to carry my DSLR with me and it can't fit in a small bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just caved in and got the Longchamp Pliage in large... (mainly because I get an employee discount where I work :smile: ) Question... Does anyone else have an issue with the handles? When I carried the bag for the first time today, the handles sort of hurt my arms/back... I've thought of maybe padding part of them or something? I have the kind with long handles.
I think I tend to be overly sensitive when it comes to handles etc with big bags. That's why I usually only carry medium sized bags..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think with the Longchamp bags, what you have is basically canvas, so there is no support in the bag itself to carry or distribute weight, it's all going to be on your arms or handles.

I carry my XL Muse so that I can carry my laptop and books with me, and yes it's terrible for my back and shoulders, but it fits everything and looks good and it's very hard wearing. While the bag itself is heavier because it's thick calf leather and had metal hardware, I would imagine that it hurts less to carry because the leather holds all the objects in, where as canvas, it basically just hangs there.

Lovebug - of course! Everyone goes into shops to look at things, without plans of buying. I think you'll find that often you know more than the SA's. Don't be intimidated. If they ask if you are looking to buy something, you can simply say you are just looking. I love going in and looking even if I don't have money to spend to get an idea of construction, bag size, what I like and what I don't, if something is better in person or not. :flower:

I use my ysl large downtown for now but I want to get a lv damier bastille in the next month or two. The messenger is more comfortable to carry and I dont want to wear my downtown too much.

Does anyone know of any cute backpacks? I'm planning on purchasing one from TRKFLD, but I want to know all my options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->