A Bag For Your Books - School Bag Recommendations

So since September is coming (doh! hate to say that) I wonder, what schoolbag should I buy? I usually carry A LOT of stuff and lot of sheets and books are even bigger than A4 format. So where could I find any rocking ideas for something comfortable yet stylish? :D Thanx xx

Look at Prada, they're bags are PERFECT for school/ college in my opinion, theyre classic, roomy, plain but very trendy and convinient. Miu Miu have great bags too.

I have been reading back through this thread and it's kind of funny to see some of the disputes in opinion of what is a "bag for school". We all have such different tastes and budgets and practicality demands for our bags!

For me, I have almost never been able to get away with oversized handbags for school bags. I always look at girls carrying just a purse and wonder where they keep everything. I guess it depends on the type of classes you take. I am not one who likes to leave anything overnight in the studios (I am not taking risks with getting stuff stolen and I might need the things at home) and I don't have a locker so it means I end up schlepping everything I might use back and forth daily. I have found gym bags to work as a good option. They are durable and IMO not ugly, (at least not as ugly as backpacks) but still very utilitarian and have enough room for everything I carry. Plus great prices! I usually also carry a handbag with the normal personal contents. I just use the gym bags for school and work stuff. These are the ones I have:
6627-160731-p.jpg

puma kick grip $55 from zappos.com

6901-850061-p.jpg

puma core lg tote $51 from zappos.com

st-1276349-s200.jpg

Gucci GG Plus (Extra large in white)

buy.yahoo.com.tw

I think this is very practical for school! It is huuuuge, waterproof and it doesn't get scratched or damaged very easily. It's also easy to clean.

Has the LV Neverfull been mentioned? I've always wondered how it would hold up with a laptop inside...

It holds up great, my friend has it and uses it for uni...

I've been using a huge Gap leather tote for school for the past few years, and it has been perfect for me.

Here's what I got for school today. Doesn't look so fierce in pictures, no matter how did I try to photograph it xD Anyway, I'll post a picture with my school uniform later but here it is :

jrspx1.jpg

2uh4cid.jpg

:smile:))

These kind of bags are all the rage in Australia at the moment. They don't have a proper name but everyone calls them 'Country Road bags'.
country+road.JPG

the16diaries.blogspot.com

When I say 'all the rage' I mean every second girl has one on their shoulder. :ninja:

I had many Longchamp Le Pliage bags for school in different colors.. but I ended up selling them (since SOOOO many people at my school have them) and I am investing in a Balenciaga work bag for books. I don't know how that will work.. but we'll see. :D

Dragging this up again. Any good ones that can bear about 3-4kg of stuff and can let me carry it comfortably on the shoulder AND cross body?

There's this Marc Jacobs bag called Carla. It looks like a Japanese school bag with two front pockets with gold buckles. Very cute~ Perfect for school or just about anything else.

Totes and Bags for University

I just started to study and need a big handbag or tote.
what are you using?
I dont wanna use a backbag, but they are big enough to put books and my laptop in it..

so this goes to everyone who studies, or was attending an uni. where did you put your stuff in?

I see lots of girls using LV neverfulls, that kind of thing. The most popular tote on campus where I am is a longchamp tote. I will say that I had tried using a goyard tote a few years back and they were so flimsy. Now I am using a backpack because I carry so many books around with me and I know that's unstylish but my shoulders thank me!

^That's true, backpacks are the best option, even if they don't look stylish. But since it would be a serious problem for me to not look stylish at University :smile:lol:smile:, I use a different technique. I'm very minimalistic with what I take to university (only taking a few pencils instead of a case, separate paper sheets instead of notepads, etc.) and use my usual small shoulder bag (i.e. my handbag) when I don't have to take many books with me. If I have to take big and heavy stuff - books, my laptop, etc. - that doesn't fit into my bag I use a second bag, usually a large fabric bag.
I'm currently eyeing this one by Y-3: http://www.thecorner.com/item/YOOX/...E5D52AD/rr/1/cod10/45155075GT/sts/sr_tcwoman3

I think it's still better to at least divide the weight into two two bags rather than using a big bag where I can put everything in but will ruin my back :doh:

I see lots of girls using LV neverfulls, that kind of thing. The most popular tote on campus where I am is a longchamp tote. I will say that I had tried using a goyard tote a few years back and they were so flimsy. Now I am using a backpack because I carry so many books around with me and I know that's unstylish but my shoulders thank me!

neverfull and goyard have thin straps so when u fill them up and carry them it feels like they re gonna break. not a good option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->