A Bag For Your Books - School Bag Recommendations

139260_F40MG_9791

this one is great, it's big and nice

Yes, I agree on the canvas tote as a school bag. At my university, girls tend to use canvas totes in the spring and early fall and leather bags during late fall and winter to protect our things from snow and rain (Canada..snow can kill your books!). Nice options for canvas bags: label-free canvas totes in beige, black or dark brown. Right now I'm using the spring/summer Lacoste canvas tote and I'm switching back and forth between that and a brown leather bag that I got from a local fashion-y shop with little known labels. I'm thinking of getting the large Andrea Brueckner woven bag for this fall and winter.....but I'm still deliberating..it's over $500...oh the struggles of a student!!!!! But I think it is worth it if you have the money because it's beautiful and you can use it outside of school as well.....and it'll stay "in" for several years (brown leather is a classic). But yes, canvas all the way (especially if you don't have to worry much about cold weather and snow) b/c you can fit TONS of stuff in it (a novel, a water bottle, makeup bag, writing pad, phone etc) and it's durable and washable too!

so true graceonearth! Lacoste canvas totes are durable too...i've had mine for yonks!!!

for a student, it's always smarter/better to buy a handbag one can use for school/uni and at the same time use it outside. :D

let me know once you've got you Andrea Brueckner.

cheers!

how about this as a school/uni bag? good size hey? hope it's durable too.

i would go for either a hermes garden tote or a large buffalo leather tote from ysl ( from the men's line)

i'm in law school and wondering which would be a better uni bag? what would you guys recommend? i haven't seen these bags in real life :cry: ...

opinions are highly appreciated.

cheers! :flower:

^ prada nylons arn't strong enough for those heavy law books- saggy torn bags not a good look. for textbooks i'd use an oversized traditional satchel- but finding one is a matter of luck- unless you pay over the odds at margiela for a 'replica' satchel...
bill amberg tote:
m5.jpg

mulberry rockley ( men's bag but suits all students- and is sturdy)
m2.jpg

(pics from telegraph.co.uk)

I use a nylon Prada messenger and haven't had any problems whatsoever. I have three textbooks, one especially thick (Math) and also fit two binders, an agenda, novel, pencilcase, and random stuff (wallet, mp3, cell) and it's perfectly fine. :wink:

thanks so much for your replies... i'll keep those suggestions on board. :D

How do you think this sissi rossi leather bag would hold up as a book bag?

Width: 9.8 Inches
Height: 11.7 Inches

I'm thinking of getting it, it's $88:

450146081P_2.jpg

pic, yoox

Right now I'm using a Stella McCartney squirrel/owl/mushroom bag as my bookbag; however, next quarter I won't be able to get away with that - I'll actually have a textbook then. Betsey Johnson also makes bags that hold up well for a student on a budget.

Last edited by a moderator:
travis: those are really nice bags... like the style and colours, especially the green one

fashion_boi_01: i envy you...you're so organized. how long have you had your messenger for?

Haha that was just on a good day.. usually i just throw everything in there and go. :blush:
I bought this past July, I've been using it since school started in September.

Virginia, I love that bag! Mind if I get it too? Can't see to find it on yoox though...

Backpacks

The problem I have with backpacks is that I dress so "stylishly" that some lousy backpack I got at an outdoor sports store clashes with what I'm wearing. But I have a lot of books and studying to do, so I need something that'll hold everything.

If you guys are students, what do you carry your books in?
(BTW, I hate messenger bags. They are the devil. And nothing on wheels either. Pictures are helpful!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->