A Bag For Your Books - School Bag Recommendations

I bought the perfect, perfect messenger bag - bright orange, Helmut Lang. It was love at first sight - and it was second hand, so a great price. The only catch was, it had a small stain on the front.

So I tried to get it out.

And now my bag looks :yuk: . The orange color faded in spots and the stain is still visible.

I feel terrible. :cry: I'm afraid of doing anything else to it for fear that I'll just make it worse.

Yikes.

Best Textbook/Carry-All Uni Bag

I desperately want a nice carry-all for the school year that can hold my laptop, a textbook and whatever goes into a purse. It definitely has to be sturdy and I'd like to be classy, I would definitely also use it as a travel bag. I originally wanted to get a large Balenciaga motorcycle bag but I doubt a laptop could fit in there. Any suggestions??

Depending on the size of your laptop, you might want to check out Chanel's large tote from their permanent luggage line (A15991Y03). I use mine for my laptop/travel - I love it. Big, lightweight, classic, waterproof (always a plus), and inexpensive so you won't feel bad if you abuse it (like I do) :P

School desinger bag assistant needed..

Hi there all...
My sister's birthday is in 3 weeks time and she is a fashionaholic +chemistry engineer major...and i know how much she would love to get a messenger type of bag...something like this but not LV...something stylish, funky and one of a kind...
p10332893_ph_hero.jpg
p10260180_ph_hero.jpg
p10332914_ph_hero.jpg

any thoughts or ideas or suggestions to what shall i get her?

There's a thread here: *merged* that had a lot of discussion an ideas about messenger type bags for college - you might find something in there that would work for your sister.

Last edited by a moderator:
LouiseyPeasey said:
There's a thread here: *merged* that had a lot of discussion an ideas about messenger type bags for college - you might find something in there that would work for your sister.

Thanks but that thread wasnt helpful as much...I was thinking within the lines of designers... :smile:

I will be merging this thread with the existing messenger thread. :flower:

schoolbags

i'm currently on the hunt for a big brown leather messenger.

what do the rest of the students out there use?

I just purchased a very sturdy, large coach bag for school. Ordinarily I am not a fan of coach but this one I liked and is the perfect size for books, laptop and other school stuff!!
coach1.jpg

**photo by ebay seller caitlynscorner**
Good luck in your search as I have had a hard time finding something I liked and was the right size for all my stuff!!

thanks, that's exactly the problem i'm having! : /

yours seems to be a good size but i want the long messenger strap too.

Yeah I wanted the longer strap too, but after 2 months of searching and finding nothing that suited me, I gave up! lol. so then I began a search for a great tote and FINALLY found this one!! lots of luck in your search. there is another thread here that may help you *merged*
you also might want to google diaper bags... there are some cute ones out there that don't scream "I have a baby" and they have some cool messenger ones as well. I wish I could remember where I saw them...

I love that urban outfitters bag...I'm going to have to check it out in person next time I'm at the mall....but is anyone having problems with their website? It won't show up for me :S

Gucci totes?? I hear they are not durable even from a rep @ Gucci herself but a yes or a no?

hello all!

i'm just wondering if this would be a good uni bag? has anyone seen this in person? i don't know if it is a heavy bag or not? there is something about this one that makes me want it. :heart: maybe it's just me. :blush:

cheers people!!!

pic: neiman marcus (posted this one in nay & yay too)

OOh, I love that Burberry Tote. Great for the chic and rich(!) student.
Practically speaking the Timbuk2 totes are just the best. Under $100. You choose your colors and they will last forever.
I have an all black, medium sized, and it comes with both 2 handles and one long strap, I think it is absolutely perfection.
Gap also has a nice looking tote this season under $100.
Cheers and Happy Studying!

thanks for that!!!

i have 3 months to look for the perfect uni bag, before the next semester starts. i'll keep you all posted. :D

at the moment i'm using

1. my old faithful ralph lauren houndstooth canvas bag. it has withstood stormy rains. perfect during wet season as my stuff don't get wet.

2. my kate spade 'diaper' bag. (i found diaper bags great! heaps of room and are durable - don't keep the mats). it's still alive after carrying four gigantic books last semester.

cheers!!! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->