• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

designer's inspiration

I listen to music when I am in the "design room". It helps me to reach to reach deep into my creativity. I am also inspired by Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren, Ed Hardy, Faith Connexion, and David Beckham. I love the mix of their styles from vintage tees and jeans to slim, clean suits. I also am a little inspired by my Frye boots, I'm not sure why but when I see them sitting there I like putting things together and creating something new.

Welcome to tFS, thenamesvint! Thanks for sharing. We hope to see you around a lot.

For me, I take about 2 - 3 different points of inspirations and mesh them. For example, 40s gangsters mixed with 80s hip hop.

After that, I write a story that fits the moods/inspirations and begin to imagine these characters would dress in relation to my story and their emotions/moods.

Designing for me is essentially like creating a movie.

I had to chuckle when you said "muses." I automatically thought of Nick from Project Runway and his model was swapped out with Zulema's. I'm my own muse. I design what I like. I do have favorite designers but I don't look at what they are doing. I adore Betsey but have always favored original "Coco" and of course my darling Valentino.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeroplvne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->